15" jbl gti. anyone running them??

GnFnRs
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i just got a pair of these and think im only gonna run 1. just wondering if anyone was using them and what yer pushing them with? i read online that they are 800 rms very underrated. but they say 5000 max lol. and being dual 6ohm what amp are ya running them at with a 3ohm??

i have 4 GTi 15s. I ran each one off JBL GTO24001s and loved them. I have no complaints, some of the best sounding and loudest subs i have had. The only thing is that if you dont build your box correct (To Gary Biggs design-which is in owners manual or online) then you will most likely run into problems. Biggs has done alot of testing with these subs and has figured out the perfect box. I can say from experience of trying 8 boxes myself that you cant build a better enclosure then what he says, which is 4 cubes gross internal with 1 6" aero 15.13" long per sub. this tunes to around 30hz and is insane! Even thou I have now decided to sell these subs due to the fact of not wanting 4-15s in my new daily driver and i am turning the car they were in into an all out spl car, I will stand by these subs night and day. build a box to these specs and give it a listen. I have never found a 15 that can keep up on heavy metal and hit as low as many 18s. I had these walled to them specs and was doing solid 158s but was fully musical and could play all day long without any problems and was clear and crisp the entire time.

IMO These are some of the best all around subs if you build the correct box and give them what they want, also JBLs tech support is amazing and they take care of all thier customers from my experiences.

If budget was not a problem I'd recommend a JL 1000v2 Slash. Gives 1000rms @ 1-4ohms so no worries about funky ohm loads. Would be a great match for your sub and still keep your install classy.

Keep them, they are great subs. Wired to 3 ohms you might be lucky and hit 4 after rise. You can also look at the Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1's.

ill try to get a couple pics on here of my scores on here or if i can find a video...they were all on my old lap top that got ran over but i think some friends have some of it, ill check. but with 2 on a JBL GTO24001 wired to 3 in the 8 cubes they rise to just under 4

Very nice subs! I have heard a few installs and each one sounded amazing!

I dont run them due to their size, which is big, that and require qite a big box for just one sub. If I was doing a wall or didnt care about space, I would run these in a heartbeat!

I was doing over 152 with 2 in a wall off a SAZ-3000D in my old blazer and they still was very musical as well...excellent subs you've got there and will handle WAY more than that rated 800wrms as well....

I was doing over 152 with 2 in a wall off a SAZ-3000D in my old blazer and they still was very musical as well...excellent subs you've got there and will handle WAY more than that rated 800wrms as well....
OG Status Here

DARKHART

Aug 2002

LITTLE ROCK, AR

Thanks

ShowImage.aspx

I used to run the 12" version of these in 1.25cubes each sealed on 750 watts and i loved them. JBL used to be GREAT!! IMO , some of the stuff like the GTI line is still solid. There is nothing wrong with those subs at all , you are on a nuthugger (for the most part) forum and JBL is not a nuthugger brand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.