15 inch SQL subs help please

streetbeater07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Grady, AL
I'm looking for two sql drivers that will take 2k rms daily each and get stupid low and loud. I have 8 cubes net to work with for my enclosure. I've found two candidates so far,

RE XXX 15

Treo SSX 15

Any more suggestions would be appreciated and also which one of these do you think would be the best for my application? thanks.

i'd say probably the treo unless you can spend a lot of $ then i'd say the xxx's.. or you could always get used xxx's for a good price too.

are you buying new or used?

If you're wanting stupid loud I don't think you're wanting SQ...
HDC3's are SQ drivers btw, it just happens that they get loud as **** and take a **** load of power.
?

Is it just me or is that an oxymoron?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

lawl

BTW I wouldnt consider a driver to be SQ oriented if I have to tune it at 38hz

I'm looking for two sql drivers that will take 2k rms daily each and get stupid low and loud. I have 8 cubes net to work with for my enclosure. I've found two candidates so far,
RE XXX 15

Treo SSX 15

Any more suggestions would be appreciated and also which one of these do you think would be the best for my application? thanks.
If your throwing 2k at a single driver, your not looking at SQ. I think you would be happy with an HD3 or HDC. If you really want "SQL" get 2 Q's 12" and 2000 watts and then you'll be happy.

If your throwing 2k at a single driver, your not looking at SQ. I think you would be happy with an HD3 or HDC. If you really want "SQL" get 2 Q's 12" and 2000 watts and then you'll be happy.
I had two Q 15's and they lasted about a week on the IA 40.1... Ideally, they were the exact type of drivers that I was looking for just not enough power handling... Maybe 3 Q 12's?

the audioque's aren't sql drivers...
Maybe not in your install but they are in mine. They can sound VERY good for daily on all kinds of music and get stupid loud with enough power.

And if all you listen to is rap you know NOTHING about SQ anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.