15 A question

swimfreak26
10+ year member

I am cool
All right, I've got my 15a in and well I'm disappointed....but no fear, it's because of the shitty install and amp....so now that I've got a little extra money I need to upgrade. I have two options as i see it, tell me what you think...

1st: buy a 1000watt amp, most likely a hifonics bx1000d just becasue I dont' want to spend too much, and I hear good things about them especially for the price. Anyways, i would be putting this setup in a ported enclosure probably around 2.3-2.5 ft^3 tuned to 35Hz

2nd: Go sealed, and run a hifonics bx1500d.

Which do you guys think would be louder...that's all I'm going for because the sub sounds superb either way. Also, I am leaning towards the ported just because less strain on the electrical system, but tell me what you think, any help is appreciated, thanks

So I take it that you're happy with your setup, and I am leaning towards ported....just curious, what kind of car are you running it in right now?

Also, anyone else with experience or just an opinion, I appreciate it....i don't want to be wasting anymore money ya know

Port it. The box I was running was the one staight off the Ed website. (tuned at 25hz) It sounded great and was super loud too. Im working on a 10cubic foot box now and it will be tuned at 38hz. Hope that helps.

So I take it that you're happy with your setup, and I am leaning towards ported....just curious, what kind of car are you running it in right now?
Also, anyone else with experience or just an opinion, I appreciate it....i don't want to be wasting anymore money ya know
The box in my sig with 1300 watts makes the 15A slam. Very happy with the loudness and clarity.

This is currently in an old school 85 Pontiac Parisienne.

how many watts is the amp? it doesnt matter how shitty mrfamio.... whatever, if it mvoes it moves, and if it doesnt sound good, it doesnt sound good. ive never been a fan of name brand meaning everything but this sub should wang by giving it some space and porting it

The amp's really not putting out anywhere near what it says....and I know that, which is why I'm changing it. Anyways, I've decided to go ported and grab the bx1000d, I'll fill you guys in when I get it up and running

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.