12w7ae h.o box vs 13w7ae custom ported box

xxajisabratxx

Im a basshead and i want more out of what i have i got, 2 alpine type x's in a ported box with a alpine m240 amp its not enough for me// my local sound installation stop recommended me getting 1 jl and it will be much louder then both my type x's/ i have a 2003 lincoln towncar. i was wondering what would be louder a 12w7ae high output box from jl with a hd 750/1 amp or a 13w7ae custom ported box made to the jl audios specs for that sub with a hd1200/1 amp any ideas what i would like more i just want super loud rumbling bass and allso if the amps would be the right for those subs .....

box would be made by the local shop

I would do the AE and Custom box if they know what there doing

so you would go with the 13.5 in w7 with custom box they said they would match it with the spec of jls requirements

but im not sure if it would ber louder with the high out put ported box that they make for the 12w7 ?

so you would go with the 13.5 in w7 with custom box they said they would match it with the spec of jls requirements but im not sure if it would ber louder with the high out put ported box that they make for the 12w7 ?
Those HO boxes ****. If you want output with good sound you can get a lot more single 15s that will smoke that 13. With that alpine amp.

i added a 2nd battery with 0 g all around
You need more then that to get the most out of it. You can fit 2 15s or a single 18 in that trunk. There's a black one doing over a 150 and moving air with 2 sundown Z 15s. We were doing mid 140s low with a 18 on 3500 watts.

What are the X's? 10's or 12's? I don't see a problem even if they're 10's to get louder than the w7's. I've heard Type X's in the right box given the correct power and they get loud and low... And an extra batt and 0 gauge is rarely enough to run 2400 watts.

What are the X's? 10's or 12's? I don't see a problem even if they're 10's to get louder than the w7's. I've heard Type X's in the right box given the correct power and they get loud and low... And an extra batt and 0 gauge is rarely enough to run 2400 watts.

they are 2 alpine type rs 12 inches the box is small i think its 34"w x 15.5"h x 18 " d

what would i need to do to fix my alpine type x problem i thought by buying those would be loud i used to have 2 alpine type rs in the box and it sounds simmilar to them, dont no what to do they just said one of these subs would be much louder i just want some serious azz bass

they are 2 alpine type rs 12 inches the box is small i think its 34"w x 15.5"h x 18 " d
what would i need to do to fix my alpine type x problem i thought by buying those would be loud i used to have 2 alpine type rs in the box and it sounds simmilar to them, dont no what to do they just said one of these subs would be much louder i just want some serious azz bass
Get a real box for the Xs. Don't get a W7. If you can spend that money you can be way louder. They are good subs 10 years ago. Still good but not $700-1000 good. More like $500 new good.

Im a basshead and i want more out of what i have i got, 2 alpine type x's in a ported box with a alpine m240 amp its not enough for me// my local sound installation stop recommended me getting 1 jl and it will be much louder then both my type x's/ i have a 2003 lincoln towncar. i was wondering what would be louder a 12w7ae high output box from jl with a hd 750/1 amp or a 13w7ae custom ported box made to the jl audios specs for that sub with a hd1200/1 amp any ideas what i would like more i just want super loud rumbling bass and allso if the amps would be the right for those subs .....

box would be made by the local shop
Dont know if any others posting advice have had personal experience with the JL W7s. Im not a JL nut hugger but i have owned JL, Sundown, Alpines (Type R's and Type X's) a ton of Digital Designs, RE among other brands. I have never been more pleased with a single sub that the W7s, just dont buy them for anything CLOSE to retail. I got all 3 of mine for $460. Put the 13.5 in a built to spec box and run it with the alpine amp you currently have with the 13w7 wired to 3 ohms. Belive me you will definatley be surprised. Just make sure you have the electrical to back the amp

Dont know if any others posting advice have had personal experience with the JL W7s. Im not a JL nut hugger but i have owned JL, Sundown, Alpines (Type R's and Type X's) a ton of Digital Designs, RE among other brands. I have never been more pleased with a single sub that the W7s, just dont buy them for anything CLOSE to retail. I got all 3 of mine for $460. Put the 13.5 in a built to spec box and run it with the alpine amp you currently have with the 13w7 wired to 3 ohms. Belive me you will definatley be surprised. Just make sure you have the electrical to back the amp
They are great subs but there are many great subs in that price range. I expect since he's talking to a dealer he's overpaying which makes them not so great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.