12w7ae h.o box vs 13w7ae custom ported box

xxajisabratxx

Im a basshead and i want more out of what i have i got, 2 alpine type x's in a ported box with a alpine m240 amp its not enough for me// my local sound installation stop recommended me getting 1 jl and it will be much louder then both my type x's/ i have a 2003 lincoln towncar. i was wondering what would be louder a 12w7ae high output box from jl with a hd 750/1 amp or a 13w7ae custom ported box made to the jl audios specs for that sub with a hd1200/1 amp any ideas what i would like more i just want super loud rumbling bass and allso if the amps would be the right for those subs .....

box would be made by the local shop

Yeah they do that at the dealers here too. I had a fosgte dealer tell me 2 10" T1s would be louder than my 3 12W7s..... Hahaha. But seriously OP, for the price they are going to charge you for the W7 and box you can probably buy the 4 Digital Design 2510s I have and still have enough left over to pay for shipping on the box I already have built for them. They would make you happy for sure

i have or had every size w7 and multiples thereof......with proper enclosures the two type x's should out do any single w7 if your only going for loud, especially with double the power on the 2400......beef up your electrical, source signal, and enclosure ..im sure that will solve your problem.....and dont ever listen to that dealer again

btw im a huge JL nuthugger and not a big fan of alpine

give us more detail of your setup...HU, batteries, wire brand, box type, setting on your amp etc

so what should i do to get the most out of my type xs 12' get a bigger box do the big 3? // they cut out after it gets high then i have to restart my car for them to turn back on / i put 1 of them in and it was louder then both but the sub started smoking so i put both back in i just want something super loud // or just go with the jl audio?

so what should i do to get the most out of my type xs 12' get a bigger box do the big 3? // they cut out after it gets high then i have to restart my car for them to turn back on / i put 1 of them in and it was louder then both but the sub started smoking so i put both back in i just want something super loud // or just go with the jl audio?
Running 2500 watts a HO alternator is a must, the big 3 should have already been done, get a better box for the Alpines, don't go back to that dealer until you are done then see if he thinks that W7 would be louder. Or sell the Xs and get 2 1000-1500 15s, build a good box then show that dealer what loud is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.