12w7 Testing issue

ramnidonyavi

Hi guys, I would like to say thank you in advance for looking into my thread. So I got a new sub from my brother, formally I had a Eclipse Titanium. It is a 12w7. Here is my question.. I pushed down my w7 by hand to make sure its not blown..took me a while to fig out i was not pushing it down evenly and it did not make any noise (scratching) at that time, when i was pushing it down unevenly it was making scratch noises.. i know this isnt "Bad" because the load was uneven. Do you think i damaged anything pushing it down a few times unevenly?, also, is armor-all destructive to a woofer cone?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, again, I simply dont know the answer.

I greatly appreciate any light shed on my questions.

Ramin

i doubt you damaged it at all unless you pushed really hard when you did it unevenly and maybe scratched or unwound something. and why would you put armor all on your cone?

nice sub btw.

It looked pretty dry/crappy and I wanted to bring some luster back. I guess it was a dumb idea. I just took a cloth with a hint of windex to it to clean out any of the armorall greasiness.

Please keep giving opinions guys. Greatly Appreciated!

Did you get the woofer running? You can burn a voice coil and the sub will not make a scratching sound when pressed on. It can if the a winding of the coil separated; however, it's not always the case

Yes pushing down and causing the vc to scrape will destroy the woofer, but the good news is it will do it the second you hook it up so you will know then as for the armor all I don't put that crap on anything! It causes drying/cracking once you stop using it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.