125W RMS x 6 channels active advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

koakine88

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aloha,
Recently purchased an audiocontrol D-6.1200 DSP Amp that puts out 125W RMS at all 6 channels. I am about to install everything and have it power my Audiofrog GB10, GB25, and GS690 set up on active with crossover points set on the DSP. Now, each speaker in my setup has a max RMS of 100W. The GB25 and GB10 say ”100W RMS with recommended crossover” in descriptions. I know I won’t be running the tweeters or 2.5’s at nearly that power or my ears may bleed. However, am I correct to say that carefully setting the gains low enough on all the channels be ok? Or am I using wayyyy too much power for the smaller speakers and risk damage?

I planned on using a multimeter at each channel to find safe gain settings and tune from there and a capacitor for the tweeters as a ”just incase”. I have a feeling I’ll likely have my gain set very low for the tweeters, and considerably low for the 2.5’s.

Aloha,
Recently purchased an audiocontrol D-6.1200 DSP Amp that puts out 125W RMS at all 6 channels. I am about to install everything and have it power my Audiofrog GB10, GB25, and GS690 set up on active with crossover points set on the DSP. Now, each speaker in my setup has a max RMS of 100W. The GB25 and GB10 say ”100W RMS with recommended crossover” in descriptions. I know I won’t be running the tweeters or 2.5’s at nearly that power or my ears may bleed. However, am I correct to say that carefully setting the gains low enough on all the channels be ok? Or am I using wayyyy too much power for the smaller speakers and risk damage?

I planned on using a multimeter at each channel to find safe gain settings and tune from there and a capacitor for the tweeters as a ”just incase”. I have a feeling I’ll likely have my gain set very low for the tweeters, and considerably low for the 2.5’s.
I think when you plug that amp into a laptop, you will have all you need. It will show you the output signals (RTA style) and should allow you to lower/raise frequencies (EQ) as needed as well as gains. You should be able to do all this on the fly as you listen to it and fine tune with your ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.