12 XXX To 2 12 inch RLPS

i dont want peopel telling me i should go ported lol. I think ported gives u a real boomy sound that i just dont like that much. i had my brahma 15 sealed and i loved it. ive tried a bunch of diffrent ported boxs and i still get that boomy sound.

i dont want peopel telling me i should go ported lol. I think ported gives u a real boomy sound that i just dont like that much. i had my brahma 15 sealed and i loved it. ive tried a bunch of diffrent ported boxs and i still get that boomy sound.
May I ask what you heard?

Ported/sealed is a personal taste thing, but you can get ported systems to sound very, very good...

alright well ive heard a Brahma Sealed. LOVED the sq on that. Ive had a 13w7 in a ported box and also in a sealed box honestley i hated both that sub sounded boomy all together good for rap music but thats about it. L7s ive had sealed and a single 1 ported. Ported blew away the sealed 1. that actually sounded decent to me. but the 2 L7's sealed sounded pretty good also. I dunno i guess its just personal prefrence. Cause i know L7's arent good SQ wise and i know a XXX it supposed to be THE SQL sub. but id take my brahma back sealed any day over it. It just had a much flatter response. Maybe after i play with the settings alittle more tommrow i can change my opinion alittle.

I have never heard a rl-p sealed but if they sound better sealed than ported then my vote would be for the rl-ps especially since you are going to be running two.

power doesn't mean ****.....You could buy two rl-ps for the cost of the XXX.
So your saying a single rlp with 1000w would be louder than an xxx with 2500w? In a daily install? I didnt think so now. I know power isnt everything, BUT if your looking to trhrow each sub quite some power then go for the XXX.

i think hes saying u can get 2 rlps and put 1000 watts to each and it would be louder then a xxx off 2000 watts. no where did he say an rlp will get louder but u can find 2 used 1s for the price of a used xxx.

So your saying a single rlp with 1000w would be louder than an xxx with 2500w? In a daily install? I didnt think so now. I know power isnt everything, BUT if your looking to trhrow each sub quite some power then go for the XXX.
i never said anything would be louder than another thing..........he said hes going for sq not spl so loudness isn't the key priority........but if you give the two rl-ps 2500 watts they'll be louder than the xxx with 2500 watts in the right install. you don't need anywhere near that much power for the xxx or the rl-p. i agree if your going to use alot of power then use the XXX

i never said anything would be louder than another thing..........he said hes going for sq not spl so loudness isn't the key priority........but if you give the two rl-ps 2500 watts they'll be louder than the xxx with 2500 watts in the right install. you don't need anywhere near that much power for the xxx or the rl-p. i agree if your going to use alot of power then use the XXX
Thats what im trying to say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Buy another XXX and run them sealed. They will have alot more output than dual Rl-p's and have excellent SQ. Which would have 'better' SQ is personal preference. However to those who say the Rl-p 'owns' the xxx in SQ, the xxx outputs less distortion than the Rl-p. Beyond that it will be perseronal preference.

^^Gotta love all the XXX owners bashing the sub they've never heard before...

I suggest you seek the advice of people who have owned both subs and are experienced in installations, and not heed the verbiage of a bunch of people who only own XXX's and base all their information about the Rl-p off of message board posts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.