12 Inch Type R Brandnew Clipping

JohnnyZ

Hey guys!

I am new to the forums but can't wait to read more about the crazy projects that you guys are taking part in.

My current setup:

AVH-P2300DVD

ALPINE MRP-1000 (Gain at .5 V, Filter at 80hz, Bass booster 6-12+db)

ROCKFORD T600-4

ECLIPSE 3 WAYS

12inch Ported box

12INCH 2 OHM Type R wired in Series for 4 OHMs

So for my tuning I instantly noticed that turning loudness on to MID on my deck allowed the power to flow quicker to my components and everything sounds tremendously better, louder, powerful, cleaner.

I recently had a TYPE X but sold it to my buddy and that thing ran fine at 4OHMs 600watts, now I have a type R wired for 4OHMs and I have noticeable clipping at certain frequencies. The **** pounds hard but as soon as I hit a certain volume the clipping is blatant.

What am I missing here? I've tried virtually everything, changing the filters, bass boost etc and I still get it. I can post a video if anyone needs it.

All help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for your time,

John

I understand that bass boost cause's distortion but the sub isn't anywhere near as loud without bass boost on and loudness on. With loudness EVERYTHING sounds 50 x better and sounds much weaker and sounds ****** at louder volumes without it on. Would another option be running it parallel at 1OHMs?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I'll do that when I get home. SAS.

You should be fine with the loudness on or off, it sounds like your gain is just set too high. Maybe roll it back just a touch, and that may solve your problem. Or how loud are you turning the deck? You usually want the gain synchronized with the deck around 75% volume, some decks you can do more, some less, but thats a good median.

turn the bass off on the amp period...u should only control it from the HU

switching from 4 to 1 ohms isnt going to solve your problem....

turn the bass boost off on the amp then set the gains with a DMM

If your gonna wire yor sub to 1ohm for 1000 wrms your hu volume needs to be at 3/4 volume turn all your eq settings to 0(loudness off also)put your subwoofer setting(if hu has one)to 3/4 maximum setting(example if subwoofer settin6s go to15 set it to 11)and use a sine wave cd maybe in the neighborhood of 0 to 60 dbs.now u unplug your speaker from the speaker terminals on your amp and hook the plugs on your dmm to yor amp and set your dmm to ac volts.turn yor gain all the way down an slowly turn it up til you reach 32 ac volts on your dmm and slightly nudge the gain back for a lil headroom and you should be fine.hope this helps

If your gonna wire yor sub to 1ohm for 1000 wrms your hu volume needs to be at 3/4 volume turn all your eq settings to 0(loudness off also)put your subwoofer setting(if hu has one)to 3/4 maximum setting(example if subwoofer settin6s go to15 set it to 11)and use a sine wave cd maybe in the neighborhood of 0 to 60 dbs.now u unplug your speaker from the speaker terminals on your amp and hook the plugs on your dmm to yor amp and set your dmm to ac volts.turn yor gain all the way down an slowly turn it up til you reach 32 ac volts on your dmm and slightly nudge the gain back for a lil headroom and you should be fine.hope this helps
OMG!! A noob who knows his stuff. Except you will most definetly want to use a sine wave of 50hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.