12 inch subwoofer

This ported box you have....tell us more about it: Dims, H, W, D and port as well. I ask because someone with a box already then spends a lot of $$ on subs, throw them in there and expecting good results may/may not happen for a few reasons: 10 is not enough air space, or too much and 2) port is either too small, too much, or not enough.

I vote for Sundown X series.....you want lows, that's your sub, and their designed to handle very low bass.

This ported box you have....tell us more about it: Dims, H, W, D and port as well. I ask because someone with a box already then spends a lot of $$ on subs, throw them in there and expecting good results may/may not happen for a few reasons: 10 is not enough air space, or too much and 2) port is either too small, too much, or not enough.
I vote for Sundown X series.....you want lows, that's your sub, and their designed to handle very low bass.
Right now I have a 4.5 cube box aero ported with 9 sq of port area tuned at 28.7
076b9d133d6ac56aa3a424b2bf3b120a.jpg
4c419cc58b76e424d4a8b31f94e5e67f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can tell ya right now that's not enough port area and I hope you got something in between those amps to prevent vibration.

Can tell ya right now that's not enough port area and I hope you got something in between those amps to prevent vibration.
How much port are u think I would need an yea I have 2inch soft rubber pieces under each side

That depends on how much room you have. The correct box will always be louder and sound better than a box that isn't right your box size is more suited for a single 15. It's a bit big for 12s

Just looked at them that looks like a monster for sure I just wonder if I can put 2 in a ported box it only shows specs for sealed have u heard or seen any in a ported box
The hst12mkll is strictly a sealed box sub. The 18 inch version can go ported, I believe that Nick will build a 15 inch version upon request, if I recall correctly it can go ported as well, but not the 11 and 12. I have used the 18 in a sealed box, very pleased with the output, have since had it rebuilt into a 12, the box for it is a 15 inch double walled cube yielding 1 cuft cube. Very well built subs.

The hst12mkll is strictly a sealed box sub. The 18 inch version can go ported, I believe that Nick will build a 15 inch version upon request, if I recall correctly it can go ported as well, but not the 11 and 12. I have used the 18 in a sealed box, very pleased with the output, have since had it rebuilt into a 12, the box for it is a 15 inch double walled cube yielding 1 cuft cube. Very well built subs.
Ok I'll have to give them a call think a 18 is a little to big for my area I have to work in

Ok I'll have to give them a call think a 18 is a little to big for my area I have to work in
Two 12s would only need 1.2 cuft sealed, but they would need at least 12 inches of depth. If you want to port your subs, x12s would probably work for you, but the would need at least 2.5 cuft per, after sub and port displacement.

Two 12s would only need 1.2 cuft sealed, but they would need at least 12 inches of depth. If you want to port your subs, x12s would probably work for you, but the would need at least 2.5 cuft per, after sub and port displacement.
That's not bad at all yea the box I have now is 4.5 cubes tuned at 28 I'll have to look into them tho but if I can get the 18 to work how low do they actually play do they hit hard to I seem a couple YouTube videos of them but nothing to much at all on them

How much port are u think I would need an yea I have 2inch soft rubber pieces under each side
Depends on the subs you plan to get. Who designed/built that enclosure?

Depends on the subs you plan to get. Who designed/built that enclosure?
I built the box an designed it my self for the zv4 just a half cube smaller to throw more power to them barely any port noise an plays down to 23 an up to 40

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.