12 Inch SQ sub question

heathcliff

Hello, Audio Amigos!

I have been interested in buying an SQ sub for quite some time and need your help to decide which sub I should get. Previously I was into the bass of Kickers and DD's, etc, so I go that pretty much out of my system (or so I would like to think). Currently, I am not running anything in terms of subs, I do however have a Rockford Fosgate amp P600.1 bd laying around that I could use.

For the longest time, I have been interested in purchasing an IDMAX12 V.4 which I've been close to pulling the trigger but the price and other hobbies have prevented me from doing so. Just recently reading around this forum I became aware of Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12 which seems to be a steal for the price.

At the moment for lack of more information and knowledge, it's between these two subs. What do you guys think? Is there a world of difference between the subs? Is the amp enough for either of them? I guess you guys might more question for me in order to help, so ask away.

This would be installed in an Acura TL

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same exact conundrum over this before going with the HO's. Price was the biggest factor in choosing but I don't regret the dayton's for a second. I've heard the idmax's on many occassions and they are great subs indeed. I just couldn't justify the price and I heard too many good things about Dayton to not try them, especially when they're so affordable. and the fosgate amp can be a good starter amp. It might or might not be enough for your needs. Only you could answer that question. IMO I think you should go with a 1000w amp just for headroom and such. It's not that expensive to get a 1000w amp these days if you look around. If you could find an oldschool rockford 800a2 in working condition, then that would be sick. Would be plentiful power for your application.

For the longest time, I have been interested in purchasing an IDMAX12 V.4 which I've been close to pulling the trigger but the price and other hobbies have prevented me from doing so.
We're offering 20% off of all IDMAX until the end of the month. PM me if interested.
Also 20% off IDQs, which I would choose over Dayton HOs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayton ho 12 all the way forbthe money.
Jeff, would the Dayton's be any better than the jbl gt5-12. I was also curious on a new sub but with all the brands and some of them fairly expensive its a lot to figure which one is the best per dollar

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jeff, would the Dayton's be any better than the jbl gt5-12. I was also curious on a new sub but with all the brands and some of them fairly expensive its a lot to figure which one is the best per dollar
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Jbl gt5s are great for the money but the daytons are in a class above it, not a fair comparison for a standard line vs an entry level line.

I've heard the ID subs and they're very nice. Never heard Daytons in person but loads of people use them and I've never heard anybody say anything bad about them. I don't think you'd be disappointed either way.... flip a coin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.