Which Treo engineering 18 is this??

I've got four soundqubed hds315's, I know more cone area is better. But would it be worth it to trade them for two ssx's? I found some ssx's on craigslist, I've just never owned treo but have always heard good things about them. Just didn't know. Thank you for your input

I've got four soundqubed hds315's, I know more cone area is better. But would it be worth it to trade them for two ssx's? I found some ssx's on craigslist, I've just never owned treo but have always heard good things about them. Just didn't know. Thank you for your input
Get your box right first. If you arent doing at least a 150 with the gear you have now, you are doing something seriously wrong. Buddy with a pair of hds315 did a 148db in his xterra with a popcorn 6k on bare bone stock electricals and a lithium 20ah battery.

See that's what I was thinking jeff, cause when I had my two hdc3 18's and I had an epicenter 160 in my car the built in mic was saying 148 and I had an american bass vfl 200.1 on them, obviously the mic on the epicenter isnt 100% accurate, but I know it's fairly close, that's one of the reasons I decided to buy the four hds315's because I've seen people hit 150db with four 15's pretty easy....so jeff If you had my subs what type of box would you build to achieve 150? right now my box is 15 cu ft tuned to 35hz with three 8.5" sonotubes.....what would you recommend? Do you think I'll have a better outcome with using a slot port instead of the sonotubes?

My 4 15 box was roughly 14cubes with four 6" areo ports tuned to 30hz... I've had very good luck with areo running about 9" port per.... with your 3 ports at 8.5" that's like almost 12" port per and that's to much if I ask me. Can't build pressure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.