12” SQL Sub for small box ported applications up to 2krms1ohm recommendations

I’ve got a friend that’s willing to sell me a new 12 Zv.5 for $550 and I’m thinking I might save up and I can give him payments toward it. Overkill or no? I’m thinking about selling my XTR 1500.1D and getting a 25001.1DZ. Because as solid and underrated my 1500 is it doesn’t do justice to that sub. Would y’all jump on that kind of deal or is it just going overboard?

If it's in good condition I would grab it for sure most likely you will be happy with that sub for a very long time to come and you could run it on the 1500 until you were able to upgrade amps

I’ve got a friend that’s willing to sell me a new 12 Zv.5 for $550 and I’m thinking I might save up and I can give him payments toward it. Overkill or no? I’m thinking about selling my XTR 1500.1D and getting a 25001.1DZ. Because as solid and underrated my 1500 is it doesn’t do justice to that sub. Would y’all jump on that kind of deal or is it just going overboard?
FI q over the z5. The new neo driver is ******. Unless you want more output under 25hz I'd go with the fi q..

If it's in good condition I would grab it for sure most likely you will be happy with that sub for a very long time to come and you could run it on the 1500 until you were able to upgrade amps
It’s never seen power still in the box it was shipped in. Anyone know if FI will do a one of ferrite Q? Or are they fairly easy to find?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

FI q over the z5. The new neo driver is ******. Unless you want more output under 25hz I'd go with the fi q..
Were you trying to say they’re badarse?

Man I am no expert but in my eyes it would be tough to beat a brand-new zv5 for 550 especially if it's from a friend who would let you do payments and make the transaction easy plus you don't have to deal with build time and having the sub shipped to you on the other hand I have never heard an fI Q in person but I know for a fact the zv5 is a hell of a woofer and I don't think you'll find too many people that will say it's not

Also it's hard for me to say that it would be Overkill it's not like you have to use it at Full Tilt all the time and if you ever do want more you already have a sub that will give it to you

The z5 is a power hog. It's a excellent sounding woofer but you need a solid 3500 to really get it going.

I wasn't impressed with the Xs I heard not enough motor strength.

If it was my money I'd be all over the Q neo.

Also if you give me 450 I'll build you a 12 off the motor I have.

It's similar to the sundown nightshade size wise and I could build you a 12 that would pound with 2000.

The z5 is a power hog. It's a excellent sounding woofer but you need a solid 3500 to really get it going.I wasn't impressed with the Xs I heard not enough motor strength.

If it was my money I'd be all over the Q neo.

Also if you give me 450 I'll build you a 12 off the motor I have.

It's similar to the sundown nightshade size wise and I could build you a 12 that would pound with 2000.
Is it just fairly low sensitivity or what? What motor and soft parts do you have the basket for a 12” or no because if I can get away with a sub setup for small ported I can probably pull off a 15”?

Is it just fairly low sensitivity or what? What motor and soft parts do you have the basket for a 12” or no because if I can get away with a sub setup for small ported I can probably pull off a 15”?
I have a 15 now. It's not a small box woofer. I can get several parts that are commonly used without having to buy bulk.

The woofer can be built to do nearly anything I want except use a 8 layer coil. I can get several baskets. Anything except one off custom built badkets like sundown..

If you wanted good low-end high xmax I could do that. I use American softparts and coils.

The x Z and nightshade are build around longer coils. They use surface area of longer 4 layer coils instead of 8 layers which are prone to failure from hotspots.. they also use thicker deeper cones and very large surrounds which lower senility. In truth though the lower 1w1m sensitivity means more efficent down low so it's a tradeoff. More output down low with better extention with less topend..

I’ve talked to Nick back when I was planning sealed and he quoted me a good price on a HST15mkII and I’ve got some wiggle room in my budget if say $75 more is going to get me a significantly better performance I will just save a bit longer....
I have said it before, and will say it again, you will not be disappointed with a SI hstmkll, thoroughly impressed with mine, really wish I had known that I could have had him build me the 15, if the wife wouldn't stroke out, I would send him my 12 for another rebuild.

I would jump all over that zv5 12, especially if you are planning on the 2500.1DZ, but that is just me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.