Kicker CR15 Sealed box size...

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have 1 4 ohm dual VC 15 inch Kicker (the type that has the switch for the impedance)CompVR15.. The recommended box sizes (sealed) are pretty broad..1.8 to 6 CF....I can accommodate up to around 3 CF, perhaps a bit more..I would like some advice as to the difference 1 CF or so will make with this sub..Will be driven with a Hifonics BE 2100 at 2 ohms...Last time I did install was in the late 80's.This is replacing 2 RF 12's in my trunk...Thanks...

depend on how much power u have as how big box should be.. maybe someone here knows comp better than me but i's say u would want 2.5cf at least, 4-6cf would be for ported or if u only running 100 rms to it i guess..

Go with the 3 cubes u have and add 2x4 block to adjust volume down and raise the boxes peak as needed.

A larger box will peak lower but typically handle slightly less power mechanically. A smaller box will have a stinger air spring effect raising mechanical power handling but it will also raise the peak frequency of the box making it harder to dig down low.

Honestly 2.5cubes would prolly be perfect but it's easier to make it bigger and the add 2x4 to lower volume to you are happy. I wouldn't go over 3 cubes though as the air spring effect becomes very weak making the subs suspension do all the work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.