10W6V2 or Boston 12.5LF ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

btolenti
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Any opinions on which would be a better SQ sub? I can run 600wrms to either from the rear channels of a X-ion 160.4. It will be run in my quad cab dodge ram. Either one will be mounted in a sealed box (0.7 cuft for the JL or .95 cuft on the Boston). My one concern is that the depth of the jl box does not give enough space for the rear vent - only about 3/8 of an inch and I believe jl recommends at least 3/4". Here's the rest of the system:

Alpine IVA-NAV1 head unit

PXA-H701

X-Ion 70.4 to Hybrid L3s (dash) and future tweeters (still trying to figure that out)

X-Ion 160.4 to Hybrid L6s (doors) and bridged to either sub

I am definitely torn between the two. I thought I might get more air movement cause the boston is a 12.....but the xmax on the 10W6 is almost double that of the boston.

Those old Boston Pros sounded great...but they didn't have a lot of output and they were really picky about the box size. The newer JL is more versatile when it comes to box dimensions and I'd bet you a case of beer that it'll have more output. Back in the day, I actually liked the Boston Rally subs a bit better as they worked well ported, really well in a BP, and could be used IB. Anything other than sealed would smoke a Pro.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.