~1000W amp suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have an Audiopipe APMI-1500 amp that is on the fritz that I need to replace. The amp keeps cutting in and out at random. It's not overheating and I've checked all wiring.

I have two 12" subs, Cerwin Vega VPRO124D that are rated for 700W RMS each. That figure is probably a bit overrated, but my APMI-1500 (supposedly 1400W RMS x 1) was about perfectly matched for them. So something in the range of 1000-1500W @ 1 ohm should suffice.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good amp? Looking for best bang for the buck, I don't need the absolute best, just something that will sound good that's reliable. Budget is $200 or under, give or take. Sonic has a Hifonics ZXX-2400.1D that seems appropriately sized for the right price, but I can't find any reviews or amp dynos online. Not sure about Hifonics quality these days. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd sure appreciate it!

Taram
I have an Audiopipe APMI-1500 amp that is on the fritz that I need to replace. The amp keeps cutting in and out at random. It's not overheating and I've checked all wiring.

I have two 12" subs, Cerwin Vega VPRO124D that are rated for 700W RMS each. That figure is probably a bit overrated, but my APMI-1500 (supposedly 1400W RMS x 1) was about perfectly matched for them. So something in the range of 1000-1500W @ 1 ohm should suffice.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good amp? Looking for best bang for the buck, I don't need the absolute best, just something that will sound good that's reliable. Budget is $200 or under, give or take. Sonic has a Hifonics ZXX-2400.1D that seems appropriately sized for the right price, but I can't find any reviews or amp dynos online. Not sure about Hifonics quality these days. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd sure appreciate it!

Taramps MD1800.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.