$1000 for subs and amp.....what do I get?

Da_Smith22

So, I've never really had anything worth mentioning in the trunk/cargo area of any vehicle that I've owned. With that being said, I've got some cash to spend and I want to do this right. I have a '99 Tahoe and all of the speakers inside have been replaced with Fosgate components. Now I need the bumps. I would like this thing to POUND as hard as possible for the $$$ and still sound good. Just looking for suggestions.Thanks in advance. GO!

So, I've never really had anything worth mentioning in the trunk/cargo area of any vehicle that I've owned. With that being said, I've got some cash to spend and I want to do this right. I have a '99 Tahoe and all of the speakers inside have been replaced with Fosgate components. Now I need the bumps. I would like this thing to POUND as hard as possible for the $$$ and still sound good. Just looking for suggestions.Thanks in advance. GO!
If you're wanting new gear, soundsolutionsaudio.com, if you don't mind used, check the classifieds on this forum. I, and many others, have found very good deals on here.

Your grand would be much better spent where I suggested, but I understand dude, good luck with your search. How much power are you looking to run, and space are you willing to give up?

Any electrical upgrades done yet? Biggest agm batt you can fit under the hood, big3, preferably in 0/1 gauge. Maybe a 2nd agm in back near the amp, if you're wanting to run 3500wrms, maybe even a high output alt as well.

In your Tahoe at least a agm battery will be needed as the Tahoe and most Chevy trucks don't have good stock electrical systems $1000 isn't gonna get you a new 3500 watt system a 2000 watt system is more realistic also you'll need a custom box to go with the subs and amp. Which can be $200+ Also if you want a good system. Hit up one of the vendors , like myself , for a better set up than sonic Just a heads up. Sonic doesn't carry the ex American bass and skar. products in stock. They have to order them I could set you up with 2 15s and a amp to push them for the $1000. But you still need the box big 3 and 0 gauge wires

I've got the AGM batt already and will get another if need I need too for sure and I'm waiting on the alternator until after I decide on what I'm getting. I'm not set on the 3,500 mark by any means but I am willing to go that high. I'm thinking I want a set of 12's but I'm also not set on that either lol.

You can't go wrong dealing with that mylows fella, has helped me, and several others on here a lot, great customer service, even better communication. He can supply about anything you would need, plus great fount of knowledge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.