Need help picking out components

Participant count
  • Participant list

stumblinbear

Kansas
Hello there! Prolly get this a lot, but I'm looking to upgrade my current stock sound system.

I have some assemblance of what I'm doing, and I have a friend that's been helping with the wiring, but I don't want to screw anything up and I know there are people out there who know infinitely more than I do so here goes.

I currently reside within a 2000 Nissan Frontier with a crew cab. A bit of research later and double checking, I have 2 tweeters and 2 full range (6-3/4") speakers up front. And 2 full range(5-1/4") speakers in back. I recently replaced my head unit with a Pioneer FH-X720BT because the stock one barely functioned. I was running music off an FM transmitter: I never want to do that again.

That said, I was also thinking about purchasing a sub. But, to my disappointment, I don't have any place to put one. No space at all under seats, and no trunk or space behind back seats. Soooo, my only option, from my perspective, it to replace the rear door speakers. (If it's even possible to put subs in doors.) But, why only replace those, I'll just replace 'em all! (My stock speakers are starting to crap out anyways) Buuut, I don't want to screw anything up.

I'm basically looking to replace my tweeters, my front speakers with some mid range ones, and my rear doors with subwoofers. (Sizes are above) I'm unsure how much voltage I have to spare, so nothing too fancy. I'm also clueless about impedance, sensitivity, best frequency range, etc. Just something better than my current system. I'm hoping not to spend more than 1k if at all possible... I don't listen to much metal, so subs that rattle the cab are not needed at all, but would be nice if possible. :3 Anybody wiling to help?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
shallow mount subwoofers and raise your seats an inch or two, it should work.

You can also have a center console subwoofer build as well.

For your rears, subwoofers in the doors are a horrible idea. 5.25" subwoofers wont really do anything for you since most subs are not built for infinite baffle, they all need a box to actually function properly and 5.25 is waay too small to have any impact.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.