$1000 budget for a complete system!! help!!

I just put my CD5100 in the other day, ****ing awesome deck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I don't have plans on it dying anytime soon, and as a matter of fact, I don't really see any of my components breaking down if I use it all properly...
No one uses 6.75" speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif I don't and wouldn't, even though that is my door speaker hole size.

Dodge Dakota

Regular Cab

Eclipse CD5100

Pioneer TS-A1702C > CDT COM-626

Sony XM-4520

AudioQue SDC2.510

AudioQue 1200D

1.59 ft^3 @ 38 Hz

Skip01, dappa5, (3) joeybutts, (2) 1mtx1, wgsj_fortvalley, thegreatestpenn, tc3k101 | Fraley21, usampsman, plugitin
Hey Rocket Scientist.... stay in school... you are using speakers with a 6.75" woofer in them..... here is the link there Eager Beaver....

Pioneer of Canada - English - TS-A1702C - 6¾" Component Speaker Package with 230 Watts Max. Power

And here is how to improperly market a speaker that is actually a 6.75".

Morel Tempo

Good luck fitting this "6 inch" marketed speaker into your early 90's honda civic. This is a 6.75" woofer size that is marketed as a 6". Wonder who else uses them..... another quick two how about that...

Focal 165 K2P (165k2p) 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

This is also a 6.75" woofer and is incorrectly labelled and marketed as a 6.5" but what would I know right?

MB Quart Car Audio -- Formula Speakers

And yet a third one that is also a 6.75" woofer and is marketed as a 6.5".

http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/component/sc8365.html

I would not have all of these speakers in stock in my shop now either, nor speakers from Pioneer, Eclipse, Macrom, Hybrid, JBL, Kenwood and others. Next time you want to call me out son, you had better know wtf you are talking about. If you need easy to understand color pictures with a measuring tape to understand that it must be true, I would be happy to come to class and teach it to you. The mentality of the 18 year old male at it's finest, can't see past the end of his nose and can't see anything else other than what he reads. There is a whole world out there headed your way little girl, better start to pay attention to it before it pwns you.

You have a 3, possibly 4 year old cd player, good for you. If it works for you that is all that is important. Will it work for him is the question you need to ask him. For the same price area the PURCHASER can have one that offers built in bluetooth and IPOD direct, no need for the IPC106 like you need to add on yours, but I guess since you are so good at spending his money that you neglected to mention that to the customer and allow him to make a educated and informed buying decision. I would not pay more than $100 for a 3 or 4 year old cd player, new and especially not that much used. Granted it was and is a great cd player but the OP needs options to choose what is best for him. The Kenwood Excelons are another solid head unit for him to consider as well although judging by his last post he has no idea as to what he really wants yet.

Speakers, there are lots of them and what your ears may like his ears may not. I did not shoot down any one speaker at all. What I did do is open the door so the purchaser has options and a direction to proceed. What if the purchaser wants rear speakers? While you may not and tell everyone that they don't have to have them, I like rear speakers, maybe he will as well. Can he do top of the line back there, sure he can if it is in his budget and he wants to do it. Would I recommend it, no. I recommended that if he wanted to do rear speakers to keep it simple is all. If he wants better front speakers (and better is in the ear of the beholder cough Morel cough), he can eliminate the rears for now and throw that savings into better front speakers (if they are better to him not you little girl). If he wants to add rear speakers at a later date, he can do that upgrade with ease.

Amps are amps, the older Eclipse XA2000 amps were tanks and if they are still available at a really good price, the performance they offer is great. While the Sundown fangirls will tell you one thing, the ARC camp will tell you another. Choose the amps that are right for the application. If these XA2000 amps were still available from my distributor, I would have bought every single one they had. I did not shoot down any one brand of amplifer at the same time, Robert Zeff designed included. I also clearly stated the following so as the more knowlegeable members on the thread would be able to see past the end of their nose.

"Go through the suggestions carefully as some of them could indeed yield some desirable results, the post above mine for example with the link to the box for your car if you want a simple good fitting inexpensive sub box. Not everyone on this site has bad info, it is easy to weed throough though when you know what you are looking for. As I am in Canada I will not speculate on your US pricing and what a good deal may be for you."

Worked on a RX8 lately mister I have installed hundreds of stereos... good for you. Now tell me how you are easily going to fit a 15" driver under the rear deck of a RX8, pointing backwards when a 12" will barely squeeze in.... Now tell me how you are going to get a huge a$$ box in there when the trunk opening will not allow it to go in. Now tell me how easy it is for you to rewire the front molex's in the doors. Now tell me where the 3 amps are in the RX8 if it is Bose based. Now tell me where the hidden bolt is that holds the factory radio into the dash. Now tell me if he wants to keep the factory radio in there how and where to tap the factory lines. Tell me why the customer would need to use a Cleansweep when he does not have to in this car, Bose or non Bose, you are the one that recommended it, tell him and me why? Now tell me what to do in this car that is a breeding ground for noise due to shitty spot welds, glued together unibody parts and the good old seatlbelt bolt in the back that is spot welded on as well. Is that a good ground for you to tell the purchaser to ground to as well? Are you going to tell the guy to just pull on the factory deck to take it out as the right side comes up rather easy and then watch as he screws up his dash? Are you eugenics going to tell a customer that his plastic bezel on a older gm pickup roofline might not crack when you take it out? Can you tell the guy with the 79-85 chev pu that he needs to be about 6" back from the front of the door if he wants to cut speakers in or he will be cutting right through a structural member in the door? I guess you know it all as you have installed hundreds of stereo's by your own words.

The difference between myself and you, I gave the customer real information and questions so that he could make proper informed decisions. You guys just blindly started off selling him stuff that may not be right for his application. By all means carry on with your cheese and whine show now. OP if you want some real information the forum RX8Club.com - Powered by vBulletin is where you need to be to ask questions specific to your vehicle.

The entire system starts with the headunit. You need to determine what it is you want in a headunit and how you are going to use it. Do you need Ipod, Bluetooth, USB, DVD etc. The Metra kit for this vehicle is a double din configuration. The unit that you linked to is a single din foldout. You would be better off with the double din type of headunit. Here is a link to the typs and size of unit that will fit in your dash properly. This is not a indication as to what brand and model of unit you would want to choose.

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD (avhp4100dvd) All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Here is a link to the the metra site where you can punch in your make / model vehicle to see the install kit. Then hit the select category and choose kits. The 99-7510 will show. This vehicle has the climate control system built into the factory radio. If you remove the factory radio, you lose your climate controls and the display for them. The Metra kit mounts the deck and has a new circuit in it to retain the controls of the climate control and the display.

Hey Rocket Scientist.... stay in school... you are using speakers with a 6.75" woofer in them..... here is the link there Eager Beaver....Pioneer of Canada - English - TS-A1702C - 6¾" Component Speaker Package with 230 Watts Max. Power

And here is how to improperly market a speaker that is actually a 6.75".

Morel Tempo

Good luck fitting this "6 inch" marketed speaker into your early 90's honda civic. This is a 6.75" woofer size that is marketed as a 6". Wonder who else uses them..... another quick two how about that...

Focal 165 K2P (165k2p) 6-1/2" Component Systems Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

This is also a 6.75" woofer and is incorrectly labelled and marketed as a 6.5" but what would I know right?

MB Quart Car Audio -- Formula Speakers

And yet a third one that is also a 6.75" woofer and is marketed as a 6.5".

ECLIPSE Component Series Speaker SC8355 | Fujitsu Ten

I would not have all of these speakers in stock in my shop now either, nor speakers from Pioneer, Eclipse, Macrom, Hybrid, JBL, Kenwood and others. Next time you want to call me out son, you had better know wtf you are talking about. If you need easy to understand color pictures with a measuring tape to understand that it must be true, I would be happy to come to class and teach it to you. The mentality of the 18 year old male at it's finest, can't see past the end of his nose and can't see anything else other than what he reads. There is a whole world out there headed your way little girl, better start to pay attention to it before it pwns you.

You have a 3, possibly 4 year old cd player, good for you. If it works for you that is all that is important. Will it work for him is the question you need to ask him. For the same price area the PURCHASER can have one that offers built in bluetooth and IPOD direct, no need for the IPC106 like you need to add on yours, but I guess since you are so good at spending his money that you neglected to mention that to the customer and allow him to make a educated and informed buying decision. I would not pay more than $100 for a 3 or 4 year old cd player, new and especially not that much used. Granted it was and is a great cd player but the OP needs options to choose what is best for him. The Kenwood Excelons are another solid head unit for him to consider as well although judging by his last post he has no idea as to what he really wants yet.

Speakers, there are lots of them and what your ears may like his ears may not. I did not shoot down any one speaker at all. What I did do is open the door so the purchaser has options and a direction to proceed. What if the purchaser wants rear speakers? While you may not and tell everyone that they don't have to have them, I like rear speakers, maybe he will as well. Can he do top of the line back there, sure he can if it is in his budget and he wants to do it. Would I recommend it, no. I recommended that if he wanted to do rear speakers to keep it simple is all. If he wants better front speakers (and better is in the ear of the beholder cough Morel cough), he can eliminate the rears for now and throw that savings into better front speakers (if they are better to him not you little girl). If he wants to add rear speakers at a later date, he can do that upgrade with ease.

Amps are amps, the older Eclipse XA2000 amps were tanks and if they are still available at a really good price, the performance they offer is great. While the Sundown fangirls will tell you one thing, the ARC camp will tell you another. Choose the amps that are right for the application. If these XA2000 amps were still available from my distributor, I would have bought every single one they had. I did not shoot down any one brand of amplifer at the same time, Robert Zeff designed included. I also clearly stated the following so as the more knowlegeable members on the thread would be able to see past the end of their nose.

"Go through the suggestions carefully as some of them could indeed yield some desirable results, the post above mine for example with the link to the box for your car if you want a simple good fitting inexpensive sub box. Not everyone on this site has bad info, it is easy to weed throough though when you know what you are looking for. As I am in Canada I will not speculate on your US pricing and what a good deal may be for you."

Worked on a RX8 lately mister I have installed hundreds of stereos... good for you. Now tell me how you are easily going to fit a 15" driver under the rear deck of a RX8, pointing backwards when a 12" will barely squeeze in.... Now tell me how you are going to get a huge a$$ box in there when the trunk opening will not allow it to go in. Now tell me how easy it is for you to rewire the front molex's in the doors. Now tell me where the 3 amps are in the RX8 if it is Bose based. Now tell me where the hidden bolt is that holds the factory radio into the dash. Now tell me if he wants to keep the factory radio in there how and where to tap the factory lines. Tell me why the customer would need to use a Cleansweep when he does not have to in this car, Bose or non Bose, you are the one that recommended it, tell him and me why? Now tell me what to do in this car that is a breeding ground for noise due to shitty spot welds, glued together unibody parts and the good old seatlbelt bolt in the back that is spot welded on as well. Is that a good ground for you to tell the purchaser to ground to as well? Are you going to tell the guy to just pull on the factory deck to take it out as the right side comes up rather easy and then watch as he screws up his dash? Are you eugenics going to tell a customer that his plastic bezel on a older gm pickup roofline might not crack when you take it out? Can you tell the guy with the 79-85 chev pu that he needs to be about 6" back from the front of the door if he wants to cut speakers in or he will be cutting right through a structural member in the door? I guess you know it all as you have installed hundreds of stereo's by your own words.

The difference between myself and you, I gave the customer real information and questions so that he could make proper informed decisions. You guys just blindly started off selling him stuff that may not be right for his application. By all means carry on with your cheese and whine show now. OP if you want some real information the forum RX8Club.com - Powered by vBulletin is where you need to be to ask questions specific to your vehicle.
There is no point in buying a speaker that is marketed to be a 6 3/4". Period.

I could put any speaker from 4" to 8" in my door, with the use of MDF rings, which should be used with any size speaker. lulz.

Perhaps you need to read my first post in the thread there, big guy. I posted my equipment and said that a lot can be done with a grand, when you buy used.

Look man. You have a nice car. That budget is not enough for the loud system you're wanting. I think you should save up to maybe like $2,500 and build a 2000+ watt rms system and call it good.

Look man. You have a nice car. That budget is not enough for the loud system you're wanting. I think you should save up to maybe like $2,500 and build a 2000+ watt rms system and call it good.
I wish I had more arms. I'd give this post 4 thumbs down...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.