$1000 budget for a complete system!! help!!

$1,500 I can work with.
deadener: secondskin damplifier lite (60 sq ft)

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/products/vibration-mat-damplifier-lite.php?category=120

$175 estd.

cd player: Eclipse CD5100

ECLIPSE AUDIO CD5100 CAR CD MP3 5100 NAVIGATION STEREO - eBay (item 180461237842 end time Feb-24-10 10:40:46 PST)

$179

components: Image Dynamics CTX65CS

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

$180

2 channel amp: Cerwin Vega EXL-350.2

CERWIN VEGA EXL-350.2 2 CH AMPLIFIER NEW FREE USA S-H - eBay (item 300284297552 end time Feb-25-10 21:15:18 PST)

$123.50

subwoofer: DC Audio Level 4 15 (dual 2 ohm)

Phone: (775)-425-5700

DC Audio - Home

(contact owner for price) You can afford it

mono amp: Cerwin Vega EXL-1200d

Cerwin-Vega EXL-1200D EXL Series Class D 1200W MONO Amplifier

$365

That leaves a little more than $150 for wiring & install...

I don't know if your vehicle's electrical system will be a problem or not...
heres references if that helps

Speaker sizes, harnesses, kits, etc: audio install reference - RX8Club.com

also the

Damplifier Lite......that seems complicated.........I dont want to take apart my whole car....

heres references if that helps
Speaker sizes, harnesses, kits, etc: audio install reference - RX8Club.com

also the

Damplifier Lite......that seems complicated.........I dont want to take apart my whole car....
I'm not going to spoon feed you, bro. I linked nice equipment that'll sound killer & fit your budget and I'll leave you with that. Finding the install gear is all on you.

Hit up Amp Installation Kits for wiring and do a google search for an install kit for the cd player.

And sorry to break this to you, but sound deadener is necessary if you want your system to sound good. It helps to eliminate vibrations and will greatly increase the production of your midbass once your doors are properly covered and sealed. There's more to car audio than speakers and amps, man. If you aren't willing to do the work, you might as well find another hobby...

take your 1000$ save up another 1000$ get yourself a decent system
that way you wont have to spend a whole bunch more money because you WILL want to upgrade your 1000$ system, trust me
My system:

HU | six pairs of 5v preouts, USB: $150

Front stage amp | 1994 Old School Sony 50Wx2: $23

Front stage comps | 6.5", 150W RMS: $80

Sub amp | 1200W @ 1: $170

Sub | 10" D4 600W RMS: $100

Wire: $100

Other stuff: $50 at most

Everything used, except wire and comps, and shipped to my door.

So, tell me $1000 can't be done. If I had a grand, I'd go crazy with the possibilities. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

My system:HU | six pairs of 5v preouts, USB: $150

Front stage amp | 1994 Old School Sony 50Wx2: $23

Front stage comps | 6.5", 150W RMS: $80

Sub amp | 1200W @ 1: $170

Sub | 10" D4 600W RMS: $100

Wire: $100

Other stuff: $50 at most

Everything used, except wire and comps, and shipped to my door.

So, tell me $1000 can't be done. If I had a grand, I'd go crazy with the possibilities. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
You can do a lot of good with $1,000 if you're willing to buy used. That is a fact. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And how many of you geniuses know what it takes to install into a RX8 and to do it properly? OP get ready for the sticker shock on the install kit alone, it is not cheap. Want to do it right? Then use your $ wisely. Gad, someone linked you to a 3 year old cd player for gods sake. Try and get that serviced if it dies.... kiss that $ goodbye. Is your RX8 a bose system or a none Bose system as the speaker sizes are completely different. The wiring in the front door to do the component speakers are a real PITA.

Dash kit - Metra 99-7510 is about the $170.00 mark alone... there goes 17% of your original budget before taxes even

I would find a solid headunit like the Eclipse CD5030 or Kenwood KDCX693 or KDCX493. $300 or under.

Speakers, keep it to a simple coax in the back, $100 should do the trick. Up front you can do a 6.75" component in either Bose or non Bose systems, or a 5x7" non Bose or up to a 9" Bose. In the Bose case or the non Bose case you will need to have adaptor plates to mount the speakers if you want to use components. $300 on front speakers, eliminate the rears if you have to for now as you can add them later.

Subs, a pair of 10" or a single 12" in a slot port box. With the limited trunk room in this car you would be ideally suited to a single sub in the slot port box. You will have to remove the plastic covering from behind the rear seats to allow more output to get into the cabin.

Amps, the Eclipse XA2000 that someone mentioned is a great amp for the front speakers, copious amounts of solid clean power and they can be found cheap right now. A pair of them even if you want to use the second one on a svc 4 ohm sub would do alright. You can always expand again and use it to power the rear speakers if one day you want to add a second sub and bigger amp.

Wiring is fun in this vehicle as well. It has a notoriously crappy ground in it so be prepared to really do some work on the ground wiring. RX8club has a very good audio forum for your vehicle that will give you better real world suggestions for you rather than advice from a bunch of geniuses whom more than likely don't know your car but are very good at e-bay. Use the geniuses for the e-bay and use the others for the solid advice. Go through the suggestions carefully as some of them could indeed yield some desirable results, the post above mine for example with the link to the box for your car if you want a simple good fitting inexpensive sub box. Not everyone on this site has bad info, it is easy to weed throough though when you know what you are looking for. As I am in Canada I will not speculate on your US pricing and what a good deal may be for you.

And how many of you geniuses know what it takes to install into a RX8 and to do it properly? OP get ready for the sticker shock on the install kit alone, it is not cheap. Want to do it right? Then use your $ wisely. Gad, someone linked you to a 3 year old cd player for gods sake. Try and get that serviced if it dies.... kiss that $ goodbye. Is your RX8 a bose system or a none Bose system as the speaker sizes are completely different. The wiring in the front door to do the component speakers are a real PITA.
Dash kit - Metra 99-7510 is about the $170.00 mark alone... there goes 17% of your original budget before taxes even

I would find a solid headunit like the Eclipse CD5030 or Kenwood KDCX693 or KDCX493. $300 or under.

Speakers, keep it to a simple coax in the back, $100 should do the trick. Up front you can do a 6.75" component in either Bose or non Bose systems, or a 5x7" non Bose or up to a 9" Bose. In the Bose case or the non Bose case you will need to have adaptor plates to mount the speakers if you want to use components. $300 on front speakers, eliminate the rears if you have to for now as you can add them later.

Subs, a pair of 10" or a single 12" in a slot port box. With the limited trunk room in this car you would be ideally suited to a single sub in the slot port box. You will have to remove the plastic covering from behind the rear seats to allow more output to get into the cabin.

Amps, the Eclipse XA2000 that someone mentioned is a great amp for the front speakers, copious amounts of solid clean power and they can be found cheap right now. A pair of them even if you want to use the second one on a svc 4 ohm sub would do alright. You can always expand again and use it to power the rear speakers if one day you want to add a second sub and bigger amp.

Wiring is fun in this vehicle as well. It has a notoriously crappy ground in it so be prepared to really do some work on the ground wiring. RX8club has a very good audio forum for your vehicle that will give you better real world suggestions for you rather than advice from a bunch of geniuses whom more than likely don't know your car but are very good at e-bay. Use the geniuses for the e-bay and use the others for the solid advice.
blah, blah, blah, blah, x8,000,000...

The cd player I recommended is fine, but if the install kit is that bad he can buy a JL Cleansweep instead and keep the factory unit.

There's no point in having coaxials.

I recommended a VERY good pair of components for his front stage.

I recommended a badass 15" sub that sounds amazing in 3 cubes of airspace ported in the mid 30's.

I recommended amps that were designed by Robert Zeff.

My recommendations were better than yours, plain and simple. But you somehow still managed to sound like a douchebag....while giving piss poor advice.

Have fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

like the rx8 is some sort off audio anomaly. done installs on hundreds of vehicles, pretty sure i know a bit more than this dipshit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lol, well that ***got thinks he knows a whole lot.
No ****. He made fun of the cd player I recommended then went on to suggest an almost identical model. Then he siad to buy coaxials for rear fill and immediately said they weren't necessary. Then he moved on to components and ultimately suggested the same size as me while alloting nearly twice the cash as the ID comps I linked. He then said it would be best to opt for a single sub, which is something else I had already done. Then he praised Eclipse amps when I had already linked the CV's that were designed by a legend in the industry. And the entire time he came across as a know-it-all douchebag.

F*cking tool...

EDIT: Just looked over his post again. In his defense, he did mention 6.75" components. My bad...

No ****. He made fun of the cd player I recommended then went on to suggest an almost identical model. Then he siad to buy coaxials for rear fill and immediately said they weren't necessary. Then he moved on to components and ultimately suggested the same size as me while alloting nearly twice the cash as the ID comps I linked. He then said it would be best to opt for a single sub, which is something else I had already done. Then he praised Eclipse amps when I had already linked the CV's that were designed by a legend in the industry. And the entire time he came across as a know-it-all douchebag.
F*cking tool...

EDIT: Just looked over his post again. In his defense, he did mention 6.75" components. My bad...
I just put my CD5100 in the other day, ****ing awesome deck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I don't have plans on it dying anytime soon, and as a matter of fact, I don't really see any of my components breaking down if I use it all properly...

No one uses 6.75" speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif I don't and wouldn't, even though that is my door speaker hole size.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.