$10 speakers How would these sound??

CoilBurner

Banned
Waco
They look great on paper. Im looking for a midrange speaker, and looking to put 4 of these speakers in each of my doors. So 8 total, only $80

Parts-Express.com:

Would they sound good sealed up crossed at say 100/4k ?

Im running an active setup, just looking to replace some tired PG rsd mids, and for $10 a piece, this would make it an easy change over

Why not just buy them and find out? You're ony out 20$

My only thoughts is the 40W power handling, but they'll probably get pretty loud with that. Peerless makes a good driver, really only 1 way to find out if they'll work well in your application.

$20?? I plan on buying 8, so quite a bit more

Its the many hours of glass and router work that I dont wanna do for nothing

Ws hoping someone had tried them out or has heard about them

OP, do you ever make a thread that doesn't completely fail?
fail?? Im asking if nyone in the speaker specific forum has heard these speakers...

You an internet keyboard commando or something, have some beef to pick??

Back to the people that are here to learn....

Might as well just buy 2 and see how they work. Worst case scenario you wasted 20 dollars if they break. Most likely you can at least use them til you find something better.

They look decent, nothing that wouldn't be terrible. Definitely a step up from stock speakers. Here's what some people are saying about them over at DIYMA:

Peerless SDS 835004 6.5" $10ea!

At $10, I'd definitely give them a shot. They probably would sound better sealed, I'd say kicks or something. Worst case scenario, you have yourself some decent mids for a home surround sound system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.