10" type s vs b stock e10?

What are your goals?

The E is definately gonna be louder, the new E is within tenths of the SAs on the same power (from Jacob himself)

I do like the design in the S and do think it would sound better

audiopipe over hifonics. I have lots of experience with both. the new hifonics on the market is basically pure boss amps overpriced to hell.
BRZ lines would be the only semi-recent hifonics that would be considered budget power.
I think the HIFI line is better than what you think I had the 1500 and the BRZ 1700.1 almost identical guts and the dyno test proved that when the HIFI 1500.1 did 1523 @ 1 ohm the BRZ did 1563@1 ohm. As far as being Boss in disguise either Boss has stepped up or Hifonics just severely took a crap in the last 4 years. If the budget is under 200 I stick with my opinion if its higher I say Rockford prime is a quality entry level piece that will do rated we all know that there are a ton of options available.

Loud is always good, but nice, tight, and solid is what I'm after. I want it all
Just my 2 cents but have you thought about looking at the SD-2 or SD-3 I had the SD-2's and they were a good mix of sound quality and chest thumping boom. I had mine in a box I built for SA-10s but when I was offered the deal on the SD's I couldnt pass and was too lazy to redo box but it worked really well.

I think the HIFI line is better than what you think I had the 1500 and the BRZ 1700.1 almost identical guts and the dyno test proved that when the HIFI 1500.1 did 1523 @ 1 ohm the BRZ did 1563@1 ohm. As far as being Boss in disguise either Boss has stepped up or Hifonics just severely took a crap in the last 4 years. If the budget is under 200 I stick with my opinion if its higher I say Rockford prime is a quality entry level piece that will do rated we all know that there are a ton of options available.
Uh huh. you have no experience with the newer hifonics so dont even bother recommending them when you have no clue how bad they are.

We had a hifonics brutus 2200 go up against an audiopipe apcl both at 1 ohm on a skar zvx 18 in a ported box tuned to 28hz in my buddy's ford explorer 1998. Kenwood excelon 4 volt pre-out signal. The hifonics was WAY less loud than the audiopipe even at 75% gain and raising it higher after that, the hifonics could not get any louder so definitely at max clipping point. Before that output was measly and weak. While the audiopipe was worlds louder at 20% gain, got a lot louder at 30% gain but thats at clipping point, we backed it up to a super clean wave since the guy is new to car audio to prevent any sort of clipping. The hifonics could not come close to hanging even tho its rated for 700 more watts. I stand by my statement the new hifonics starting from the BRX lines and up ARE PURE FKING GARBAGE. Even my CT 125.2 channel bridged at 4 ohms got pretty loud in comparison to the 2200 brutus considering the "rated" power gap.

NOT TO MENTION the brutus x14 2200 couldnt play under 30hz well with authority. Subsonic filter off basically DIED at 28hz. While nothing changing other than an amp swap, the audiopipe played down to 23hz easily.

I also had a bxi 1610D that was pretty loud, swapped to a brx 2400, didnt gain much loudness and lost some SQ, the bass was sloppier. However back then i still believed that hifonics was good budget power so I ran two brx 2400s. Electrical is on point and overkill so dont even bother bringing that up. 80 prs head unit two hdc3 18s. I thought it got pretty loud until I got my hands on a dc 3.5k So the two 2400s should be "4800" watts lets say its 400 watts overrated and say its still "4k" watts after its overrated BS. Its against a Certified 3.5k on the amp dyno. The DC was Massively louder than the two hifonics and had amazing SQ. played down to mid 20hz easily tuned to 35hz. While the hifonics amps just flat out died at 29hz. It was several DB louder and windshield actually flexed several inches vs just a shake. Not all power is created equal. The new hifonics is just pure garbage and no one should ever be stuck buying horrible amps like that while you can get a proper performing budget amp for a lot cheaper. PURE GARBAGE in terms of price to performance ratio.

I think I'm going to go with the type s, my current amp will push 250w to them, and when I upgrade amp I have been looking at the audiophile for quite some time.

I think the combo should produce a decent sound on the cheap.

For low power setup, the type S should sound pretty good.

And no way in hell do any of the newest hifonics do rated certified, especially hifi line. The brutus maybe do 80% of rated, hifi 65-70%

I think I'm going to go with the type s, my current amp will push 250w to them, and when I upgrade amp I have been looking at the audiophile for quite some time.
I think the combo should produce a decent sound on the cheap.
no one mentioned it but did u look at American bass they have really nice subs cheap better sq than E but not as loud (my guess)

I bought an e8 a few yards sales ago for a friend and built a box to sundown spec, it sounded pretty good on low power, 2 of those would be on budget and fit nicely under the seat

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.