10" sub for less than $225

ssbogger
10+ year member

I'm in the market for a 10" sub with both sq and spl. It will be going in a tacoma ext cab so thats the reason I can only go with one 10 max. I know i can take out the jump seats and do a fiberglass box in the compartment underneath but I dont want to get into all of that.

As far as subs go, I am looking at RE SX's. I'm having trouble finding other 10's that seem like they would be loud while maintaining good sq.

I dont want to look at jl or alpine because im really not into paying for the name even though they are good companies.

The sub has to go in a sealed enclosure, i dont have enough room for ported. Volume will be under 1ft.

Thanks for the input and I'm sorry if this topic seems like it's been brought up a million times before but I did search for a while and still came up with this question.

Thanks for the input!

If you wanted to spend a couple more dollars...

I'm selling my Diamond Audio TDX10D2 at a great price (PM me if interested)

Better SQ and more output then a D6. The only problem would be if depth is an issue. It would enjoy 1 cube sealed, especially if that was after displacement.

I think you'd be best off with a Type X 10 for $220. It would hit u just right. Or an Rockford Fosgate T110 or Eclipse Aluminum SW8102.4. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you wanted to spend a couple more dollars...I'm selling my Diamond Audio TDX10D2 at a great price (PM me if interested)

Better SQ and more output then a D6. The only problem would be if depth is an issue. It would enjoy 1 cube sealed, especially if that was after displacement.
pm this guy - what a greata sub!

I like the diamond audios. especially the D9's. Is there a difference in a TDX10 and 10D9? Is one last years and the other a newer version? I ask because im finding that the 10D9 handles about 600W RMS while the TDX10 takes anywhere from 800-1500. (the 1500W RMS came off an ebay ad). The TDX is silver while the D9 is black. Im guessing they are two different models but i cant find the TDX's on Diamonds site. Any help??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.