10" shallow mount vs. 8" standard sub

May be their best SQ sub, but definitely not on par with the likes of TC Sounds, Image Dynamics, Morel, etc.

I wouldnt touch Kenwood either. They make 2 good products. High end average consumer headunits and their highest end amps. Their amps are iffy though because chances are you can find a better amp for less money. Id take an Aura RPM amp on Parts Express before Id use a Kenwood.
i havent heard aura mentioned in forever! which is what led me to go look on PE and they have all of 5 items on there, none of which are amps. These old news nowadays?

i havent heard aura mentioned in forever! which is what led me to go look on PE and they have all of 5 items on there, none of which are amps. These old news nowadays?
Aurora amps to me are still some great amps for the money spent.If I needed a decent amplifier i generally shop Used to try to find an old school gem that meets my criteria, if I dont have anything sitting.decent amps.. Id run it if I had one on front stage

Last edited by a moderator:
Aurora amps to me are still some great amps for the money spent.If I needed a decent amplifier i generally shop Used to try to find an old school gem that meets my criteria, if I dont have anything sitting.decent amps.. Id run it if I had one on front stage
right on. Yeah, i remember them being talked about favorably, just never knew anyone personally who ran them. I have bought used for all my amps personally, my SQ2200.1 was about a year old when i got it and the Zapco was just a few weeks old, the rest are old school just like me LoL

how are those AGMs you got working for ya? I work part time at sams club and they have a duracell AGM group 34 thatll slot right in to my stock location and is $150 with the core charge removed, but my current battery is only rated at 770 cold cranking and put out 807 when i got my last oil change about a month and a half ago, so i cant justify replacing it right meow. Also, dont take this as a nit pick, but why the CCA power wire?

right on. Yeah, i remember them being talked about favorably, just never knew anyone personally who ran them. I have bought used for all my amps personally, my SQ2200.1 was about a year old when i got it and the Zapco was just a few weeks old, the rest are old school just like me LoL

how are those AGMs you got working for ya? I work part time at sams club and they have a duracell AGM group 34 thatll slot right in to my stock location and is $150 with the core charge removed, but my current battery is only rated at 770 cold cranking and put out 807 when i got my last oil change about a month and a half ago, so i cant justify replacing it right meow. Also, dont take this as a nit pick, but why the CCA power wire?
These Orileys AGMs Super Start Extremes 955CA and 775CCA and 120RC have been excellent batts thus far.They have gone up in price.I havent needed but one replacement in 3 years and it was under warranty out of 8batts.The wire in my SIG? LOL..Its what I had in the garage at the time.Easy to solder with and flexabe as hell.Cadence Superflex I believe what I used.It was changed long time ago with Audio Technix 0ga OFC with a couple runs and big 3/6 under the hood(2 batts) and 6 batts in tool box in bed of truck.Ive got it all just about ripped back out and looking for a 99 surberb to do another large build with that 5.7 lt and more room.

These Orileys AGMs Super Start Extremes 955CA and 775CCA and 120RC have been excellent batts thus far.They have gone up in price.I havent needed but one replacement in 3 years and it was under warranty out of 8batts.The wire in my SIG? LOL..Its what I had in the garage at the time.Easy to solder with and flexabe as hell.Cadence Superflex I believe what I used.It was changed long time ago with Audio Technix 0ga OFC with a couple runs and big 3/6 under the hood(2 batts) and 6 batts in tool box in bed of truck.Ive got it all just about ripped back out and looking for a 99 surberb to do another large build with that 5.7 lt and more room.
right on, i was kinda perplexed about that for a minute there :D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.