10" budget sub for .7 ft3 sealed for SQ

Out of the subs mentioned, I would go with the ID for SQ. I'm about to throw 2 ID OEM 10s into my Mazda3 for an SQ install, and they do well in sealed boxes.
A quick search through woofersetc pegs these as options

Arc Audio ARC, FD, KS models

Boston Acoustics G2

Diamond D3

DLS MW10 (great SQ products, although about $40 above your price)

Focal 25 A1 (again, a bit over your price)

Memphis M Class

Rainbow Hammer

The SSA Dcon mentioned below would also be a good option.
So the Dcon would have better SQ than the Sundown?

Also, Amazon has the Atrend E10S B Box Hatchback style enclosure for $35 which is rated at 0.85 "Cu. Ft. per Side" on Atrend's website. The DCON-10 D4 has listed enclosure volume of .75 cu.ft., with .90 cu.ft. optimal. So would that be a good enclosure size? The "cu. ft. per side" is confusing me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Now I see that the DCONs are out of stock, and then with the build time and shipping, I'd be a long time without a sub.

Seems like there was enough support for one of my first choices, the ID10 D4 V.3. Looks like that box is a good choice, too.

Since the Kenwood amp deal didn't work out, I'll start a new thread for that in the amplifier section.

Thanks for all the help!

Now I see that the DCONs are out of stock, and then with the build time and shipping, I'd be a long time without a sub.
Seems like there was enough support for one of my first choices, the ID10 D4 V.3. Looks like that box is a good choice, too.

Since the Kenwood amp deal didn't work out, I'll start a new thread for that in the amplifier section.

Thanks for all the help!
The ID should definitely work out nicely. However, I wouldn't go with a prefab enclosure. Contact one of the forum vendors that build enclosures, and they should be able to take care of you. You might have to spend a few more dollars, but at least you'll know you're getting quality work.

I could see a custom box being very important for a ported sub to get the right tuning. But according to the reviews, the craftsmanship of the Atrend E10S hatchback box appears to be fine and of very sturdy design. The only main benefit I could see for spending twice as much or more for a custom sealed box would be that the E10S is 0.85 ft3 and 0.9 is optimal, and apparently the terminal connectors could be a little better. Doesn't seem like much benefit going for custom given my budget. It's a box. If it works, it works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You won't be disappointed.
You were right. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I ended up pairing the IDQ10 with a Crossfire BMF250M because (a) it fit on the side of the Atrend hatchback box and (b) SonicE had a 30% off coupon special on Crossfire last week. Because I had to have someone cut the opening to fit that 9.6" basket that the IDQ10 has going on (no DIY skills here), I wired it at 8 ohms and broke it in open air wired to my home audio amp over night before installation. Definitely worth the money. It's plenty of sub and amp for my Honda Fit, and it sounds nice and tight, matching well with the DA S663S components I have. Exactly what I was hoping for!

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.