10" budget sub for .7 ft3 sealed for SQ

cel4145
10+ year member

Looking for a 10" budget sub for 0.7 ft3 Sonic Box enclosure for SQ. Trying to stay below $150 and with a sub that can be wired at 2 ohms.

I have a Honda Fit and will be pairing it with Diamond Audio S663Ss powered by BA GT-275. While I like some bass heavy music (hip hop, funky house, trance, chill), I've gotten older now and not concerned about max SPL as long as the sub can keep up with the output of the Diamonds and that GT-275. The cleaner, tighter, more nuanced bass, the better.

Was looking at the ID10 D4 V.3, the Alpine SWR-10D4, and the DA D310D4.2. I also noticed that WoofersEtc has the older Alpine SWR-1043D for a good price (is it comparable to the new ones?). What's the best sub for SQ in my price range?

Am also looking at smaller Class D amps that can fit under the seat, such as PPI BK650.1D, BA GTA-400M, Alpine MRP-M500, and Pioneer GM-D7500M.

Thanks. I read a lot of good things about the ID subs and was leaning towards it.

I see that Crutchfield has the Diamond Audio D610D4 on closeout for $169. Am I correct in assuming that's more comparable in class to the IDQ10 V.3 D4? Seems like it might be worth the extra $30 over the ID10 D4 V.3 depending on how much I spend on the amp and whether or not I order before they run out. Maybe I can pick up a Alpine MRP-M500 off my local CL to save on the amp. Seems like they are listed here on CL every week.

I don't want to use a bigger box, so ported is out with the DCON. The Honda Fit hatch area is very small already, and I don't want to lose any more space.

According to the calculations I did--and I am new at this--the optimal sealed box size for the Dayton HO is 0.31 cubic feet. The box I have picked it 0.7. The Sundown seems a better choice. Would it be comparable in SQ to the ID10 D4 V.3? Just wanting to know because there are tons of positive testimonials for the ID V3 series.

I don't want to use a bigger box, so ported is out with the DCON. The Honda Fit hatch area is very small already, and I don't want to lose any more space.
According to the calculations I did--and I am new at this--the optimal sealed box size for the Dayton HO is 0.31 cubic feet. The box I have picked it 0.7. The Sundown seems a better choice. Would it be comparable in SQ to the ID10 D4 V.3? Just wanting to know because there are tons of positive testimonials for the ID V3 series.
i would say the e-10 would be close in sq but give you more output.

i would say the e-10 would be close in sq but give you more output.
Thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That sounds like a very good option then, and I see people have good things to say about the Sundown subs. I also like the idea of buying from a smaller company that participates in the forum.

Looks like I'm going to be able to pick up a used Kenwood KAC-8104D for a good price off CL. Seems like a good starter amp.

For amp efficiency and SQ, would it be better to get the E-10D2 and run it at 4 ohms? Or the E-10D4 and run it at 2 ohms for the extra headroom? The Kenwood is rated 300 watts @ 4 ohms, 500 @ 2 ohms, peak of 1000 watts.

Or, and I probably shouldn't think this way, but that used Kenwood lets me a save on my amp budget. I'm tempted to go with the Sundown SA-10 D4 if it's a good value at $185 that would be a good bump in SQ while using that Kenwood as the power source.

Thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That sounds like a very good option then, and I see people have good things to say about the Sundown subs. I also like the idea of buying from a smaller company that participates in the forum.

Looks like I'm going to be able to pick up a used Kenwood KAC-8104D for a good price off CL. Seems like a good starter amp.

For amp efficiency and SQ, would it be better to get the E-10D2 and run it at 4 ohms? Or the E-10D4 and run it at 2 ohms for the extra headroom? The Kenwood is rated 300 watts @ 4 ohms, 500 @ 2 ohms, peak of 1000 watts.

Or, and I probably shouldn't think this way, but that used Kenwood lets me a save on my amp budget. I'm tempted to go with the Sundown SA-10 D4 if it's a good value at $185 that would be a good bump in SQ while using that Kenwood as the power source.
i would go with a d4 and maybe a different brand of amp for sq. the kenwoods are ok but i would go with something better. i have a perfect amp for ya. i have a used alpine m-450 rated at 450@2ohms. would be a much better amp. that kenwood would not hold a candle to the alpine as far as sq, power and reliability. pm me if your interested. here is a link to buy an e-10. i have one bnib but not selling it lol.

E-10D4 SUNDOWN AUDIO 10" SUB DUAL 4-OHM E SERIES 800 W BASS SUBWOOFER E10D4 NEW | eBay

Thanks. I already found WoofersEtc's main website for the Sundown subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I know the Alpine M series is very good, but I'm getting a REALLY good deal on the Kenwood. It's a starter amp until I can get what I want down the road.

Out of the subs mentioned, I would go with the ID for SQ. I'm about to throw 2 ID OEM 10s into my Mazda3 for an SQ install, and they do well in sealed boxes.

A quick search through woofersetc pegs these as options

Arc Audio ARC, FD, KS models

Boston Acoustics G2

Diamond D3

DLS MW10 (great SQ products, although about $40 above your price)

Focal 25 A1 (again, a bit over your price)

Memphis M Class

Rainbow Hammer

The SSA Dcon mentioned below would also be a good option.

An amp running at 4 ohms will run more efficiently.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.