Break in IDQ10 on air (no box)?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cel4145
10+ year member

Just got my IDQ10 V3 D4, but it will be a 2 days before my box is ready. Is it safe to do a little break in at low power on air without a box?

I was thinking I would wire it at 8 ohms, then run it off my HK 3390 home audio receiver speaker outputs with songs that have been LPF'd at around 120hz (used Audacity to filter the songs). Or would it damage the subwoofer without adding the resistance of a box?

Because I'm doing the install on the amp and sub on Sunday. I'm one of those people that believe SQ sometimes does improve a little over a break-in period. If the sub is sitting around my house, might as well let it break in some if I can.

I ran it at very moderate volumes on air for about 12 hours, then installed it today. Definitely sounds great. I have a Honda Fit, and it's more than plenty of sub for the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.