10 inch XFLs - shark audio 2500D

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
flame what you will...have fun idc.

anyways my coils are perfect..this is only one amp i have 2 that will be installed..my electrical is sub-par

not the best demo but check it out..if anyone is interested in a budget amp dont let all of these people tell you not to get it..or audiopipe or anything like it ive used a ton of brands and if you dont want to spend a as* load on some audio equipment dont let people tell you otherwise these products might not be the best but certainly are not the worst.

heres my proof (like i said im not good with the demos and such sorry about that) and if you can get louder based on a crappy video then good for you i could care less once again...i already know the flamers will be in to raise hell...have at it

for the rest of you lmk what you think!

couple of pictures of the coils that should be burnt up by now....meter is off by .2 so they are PERFECT

IMG20130823171255.jpg

IMG20130823171234.jpg

IMG20130823171326.jpg

[video=youtube;ObNW-YFf6PE]

Looks good man! Thinking of getting a lower power AB 10 for my work car...
thanks a lot the video could have been better tho i was a little disappointed such as when i showed the wipers moving i should have held the camera on it longer to show it better and such things like that

ive once got off CL a couple of American Bass XD 15's (their lowest end i believe) one of the leads had been repaired and dust caps blown off and replaced with turtle wax lids lol got them for 50 dollars just because i wanted to try them and the coils read fine i put them in an oversized sealed box and ran 1000 rms into them each safely on a daily basis rated for only 500 (set with multi-meter) blew me away gave me a lot of respect for the american bass product (i had gotten them before i even really knew about american bass)

thanks a lot the video could have been better tho i was a little disappointed such as when i showed the wipers moving i should have held the camera on it longer to show it better and such things like that
ive once got off CL a couple of American Bass XD 15's (their lowest end i believe) one of the leads had been repaired and dust caps blown off and replaced with turtle wax lids lol got them for 50 dollars just because i wanted to try them and the coils read fine i put them in an oversized sealed box and ran 1000 rms into them each safely on a daily basis rated for only 500 (set with multi-meter) blew me away gave me a lot of respect for the american bass product (i had gotten them before i even really knew about american bass)

I was thinking about the TNT. Something that can take around 500-600 and sound good. I've only got an 8 gauge kit run in the car and really can't run that many watts anyway. I've heard a number of the AB's in person and even the entry level's are decent. They seem like a good company too as far as customer service and price.

I was thinking about the TNT. Something that can take around 500-600 and sound good. I've only got an 8 gauge kit run in the car and really can't run that many watts anyway. I've heard a number of the AB's in person and even the entry level's are decent. They seem like a good company too as far as customer service and price.
Haven't heard the TNT's I think they are a newer run not positive tho I have heard good things.

Go on YouTube you can watch people TRYING to destroyed a AB sub and it isn't easy lol.

I know nothing of their customer service but price for watt and bang for buck is easily equal to anything IMO you can't go wrong with em my tens are 30 something pounds a piece. I know their XO line is a newer line and very good and lower power

American Bass TNT subs are great, I had 2 tnt 15d4s That were very solid. The 15s do have a 3" coil and a higher rms ratin tho. Mine were on a AB vfl110.1 (2krms) when I had them and each on its own Kicker Kx1200.1 since I sold them. Prolly 2+yrs old and still Bangin.

Glad to see the Shark amps workin out for u Des. I cant wait to get my two runnin. Did u open them to see the jumper wire? U gotta get a digital volt meter forsure. Get them cheap off eba* for like 3bucks. They work great and the RED led doesnt kill ur night vision like the bright blue stinger meters.

American Bass TNT subs are great, I had 2 tnt 15d4s That were very solid. The 15s do have a 3" coil and a higher rms ratin tho. Mine were on a AB vfl110.1 (2krms) when I had them and each on its own Kicker Kx1200.1 since I sold them. Prolly 2+yrs old and still Bangin.
Glad to see the Shark amps workin out for u Des. I cant wait to get my two runnin. Did u open them to see the jumper wire? U gotta get a digital volt meter forsure. Get them cheap off eba* for like 3bucks. They work great and the RED led doesnt kill ur night vision like the bright blue stinger meters.
Yeah I want to do a little modding honestly some custom work and what not And is there a way you could possibly get a picture so I know exactly where is should and should be routed to with the wire?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

i seen your thread as soon as it was posted. but where im at work i can view anything...
Well when you get a chance I look forward to hearing your opinion

I have only opened one of my shark2500s but the red jumper was tucked between a power cap and a Mosfet. The wires were too long/short to really reroute so I just added a couple mini zip ties to kinda keep them off the mosfets. When I finally get mine installed Ill prolly run them bottomless(no pan/ties,lol) inside a fan cooled amp rack. I know ideally one wouldnt have to modify and accomidate their amps right outta the box but I dont wanna kill them due to neglect either and since I spotted a problem while taking gut shots, Ill deal with it. Anyway heres a pic of the problem area while I was adding zip ties.

View attachment 26544537

Yeah I want to do a little modding honestly some custom work and what not And is there a way you could possibly get a picture so I know exactly where is should and should be routed to with the wire? 

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Well when you get a chance I look forward to hearing your opinion
ill check it out when i get a chance

Hmmm... This v. Pure audio 3k....would love to see a comparison!
would be interesting i hear good things about the Pure Audio but it SHOULD produce more power i mean if it does rated the 2500d is only rated for 2000 rms i think? could be wrong lol i should probably know this

cool, ive got one, but need electrical first. How much power do you think its does? I'm hoping for 1800w
im guessing it isnt too far off its rated if not actually on point at a little distortion im sure but probably 1800-2000 rms it gets my XFLs moving pretty damm good. and surprisingly enough not too heavy on the electrical the amp tends to run a little hot though i dont think it will damage it short term long term only time will tell i suppose but i will most likely be putting a fan or two on each amp when i get the set up more finished.

my big question is where are all the people that were TOTALLY hating on this amp....they seem quiet all of a sudden...im not saying this amp is the shi* but DEFIANTLY much better than all of the crap people were talking of course NONE of which had ANY experience with it..go figure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.