1%thd - 5% thd??

Without proof, it's not worth speculating.

There is a term called psychoacoustics which goes a long way and supports and creates myths because of it.

An increase of amplifier rated power should be an increase of power overall but whether it's noticeable audibly is in question(from 550-750 rated)

The temporal loss of acoustics shows even small amount of power replaced seems like large power.

Also, different amplifiers have different frequency ripples of amplitude.

Perhaps , if you truly are perceiving an increase in amplitude that it's not at the same frequency.

yep.i dont like things that are easy...

i like to learn and get better and setup,, picking my setup. and finding out why and how music works.

its cool how audio works.

just keep reading ,, watching videos and asking questions...
hey man , basically what does a subwoofer sound like up close?

My box had some problems with leaky air and i sealed it up with titebond and sawdust with silicone over it. No more air is leaking.

I am setting gains by ear with a 50 hz test tone. I stopped turning gain up when the sound changed. So I was playing music , bass boosted songs espicially and up close I heard like a mechanical whistle sound , that might not be the right way to even describe it , when i turn my gain down I still hear it but its less , only when my gain is really low I dont hear it but when its that low I barely get any bass and it *****. I never heard what a subwoofer shoudl sound like and I am hella confused , I am scared of ruining a 200$ subwoofer. i cant use a dmm because on my old amp it wouldnt show anything when I tried plugging it into the output , I might try again sooon , and I dont have an o scope my only option right now is ear.

Also I played my subwoofer by accident on input slave for like 5 minutes and thats when that noise started , maybe that damaged my subwoofer somehow? , i dint notice it was playing threw that and then it stopped playing all toghether and I thought I blew my sub , I siwtched to master slave and now its doing it still , and im not sure if it was doing it before i accidentally had it on input slave :/

Please help Im freaking out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hoots

Hoots
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
gckless