Audio Upgrades for 2015 Acura RDX

Participant count
  • Participant list

itzak

NOVA
I'm seeking information on upgrading the stereo system in my 2015 Acura RDX. Standard 7 speaker audio system (2015 Acura RDX | Features | Audio & Navigation | Acura.com).

It appears I can't change the factory head unit without loosing other built in functions, i.e., cruise, modes, phone control, etc. So, I intend to have Focal speakers installed, probably K2 165's, but I'd like suggestions on rear door speakers. Further, are there other in-dash improvements I can make without affecting my factory head unit? I love fidelity, but I want it loud and free of distortion. All improvements will be done by a professional.

You will need to get a processor, and because of the level of clarity you are looking an expensive one. Unfortunately, using any processor will not be the same as changing out the head unit. However, it is close and lets you keep the stock look and functionality. The JBL MS8 is a great one, though discontinued they are floating around on forums. Also the Rockford 3sixty3 is decent. Your installer should be able to recommend some nice options for a processor as well.

You will need to get a processor, and because of the level of clarity you are looking an expensive one. Unfortunately, using any processor will not be the same as changing out the head unit. However, it is close and lets you keep the stock look and functionality. The JBL MS8 is a great one, though discontinued they are floating around on forums. Also the Rockford 3sixty3 is decent. Your installer should be able to recommend some nice options for a processor as well.
I may be misunderstanding you but did you say a processor is not as good as changing the HU? Or just not as cheap

That's why I came to this site. Information I was looking for! My installer is pretty good, so I'm sure he probably knows this. THANKS! If you know of another good processor out there, please inform. I'd like to keep the look as clean as possible, as if there were no improvements.

Sorry, not familiar with all the terms, but I'll research. I will be adding an amp, but it will be multi-channel. Thanks for all information!

Sorry, not familiar with all the terms, but I'll research. I will be adding an amp, but it will be multi-channel. Thanks for all information!
The MS-8 is easy and most like what it does. It does not give you many manual options. I'm a Audison fanboy myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.