1%thd - 5% thd??

Some more information.

You can set the gain however you wish..

You still will not get or be getting 750w from that amplifier.

Amplifiers are tested on resistive loads.

Speakers are reactive loads so you are getting a lot LESS power than you could imagine.

Also, clipping lights ONLY work on sine waves.

As soon as you start playing music, the clipping indicator's accuracy start to be off since music is not a sine wave.

I believe you are asking the wrong questions as the questions being asked is assuming things in them which are false.

Some more information.

Speakers are reactive loads so you are getting a lot LESS power than you could imagine.

As soon as you start playing music, the clipping indicator's accuracy start to be off since music is not a sine wave.

I believe you are asking the wrong questions as the questions being asked is assuming things in them which are false.
With you saying that I will be getting less power then I could imagine , wouldn't that apply to any amplifier? Honestly it felt like 750 watts , as a general rule of thumb I heard , setting gains by ear , the safest bet is when you start hear clipping and never use bass boost or turn your gains all the way up to like say 1 volt or even lower. The only thing I am scared about is burning my subwoofer because honestly I love my subwoofer and setup...

With you saying that I will be getting less power then I could imagine , wouldn't that apply to any amplifier? Honestly it felt like 750 watts , as a general rule of thumb I heard , setting gains by ear , the safest bet is when you start hear clipping and never use bass boost or turn your gains all the way up to like say 1 volt or even lower. The only thing I am scared about is burning my subwoofer because honestly I love my subwoofer and setup...
Also on a side note , its so difficult to get accurate information when everyone is telling me something different...

Also on a side note , its so difficult to get accurate information when everyone is telling me something different...
That's how this forum's help section is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Everyone tries to flex their knowledge for the noobs, and butt heads with people they don't like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/face2face.gif.c4346df91ccb89a430ef126c23624157.gif

You won't ever get one solid answer that everyone agrees with. You get used to it though

It applies to any non regulated power supply with a non-fixed impedance curve which is over 90% of all amplifiers.

Turn your gain up to 1 volt or lower?

Again, throw the technical detail out of it... its pointless for you to understand.

If you know how to smell and hear, then you can set the gain correctly.

There is no magical settings that will br perfect.

thats music for you.

If you go by the "numbers," then you will force the amplifier to always be putting out lower power which when you really start needing a lot of power for big builds, you will be needing 25,000w of amps where you would really need less than that for example.

Thats because you are asking questions which make no sense so we are forced to answer them based on how you are asking them.

It definitely feels like 750w?

What does that even mean?

Have you ever measured power before?

That alone would tell you power cannot be guessed on much dbs its producing.

an example of what i have to try and answer based on how the questions are formed.

you know what weird is i think im good with this stuff, been a mechanic all my life. i can fix just about anything....

but when you think you know about this stuff ( audio ) you dont know shittt. ( im talking about me and .... lol lol )

there is just so much about this stuff that would make your head spin.

like... watch this vid. i was like WOW i learn so much form it...

manly what im talking about is, we all know we have to set the gain's so some use o-scope ( im going to get ) or a ddm ) thats all good but when you think how music is its not a sine wave.

so the power is going up and down all the time. so to say your getting 750 or 1000rms you are not.... unless your burping and have it all setup for 1 note. thats it.

and yes i think it ***** but that just the way it is.

This hobby teaches you many things if you stick with it-

Wood working

Metal Fabrication

Welding

Electrical knowledge in both DC and AC up to 3 phase if serious.

Acoustical knowledge

Military grade uses

Structural Integrity for Construction

Automotive Reinforcement

Music Creation

Chemical knowledge

Circuit Manufacturing

Speaker Engineering

Website Creation

Advertising Experience

Business Management

R&D

Tech Support

I say this hobby is worth it.

yes your right...

i love learning new stuff and trying to make the best out of what i have ( afford ) so im all way reading, watching vid.

nice thing is i know about 3/4 of what you listed. just need to learn the other stuff lol....

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

yes your right...

i love learning new stuff and trying to make the best out of what i have ( afford ) so im all way reading, watching vid.

nice thing is i know about 3/4 of what you listed. just need to learn the other stuff lol....

Fun fact:

MOST ears can't hear below ~100% distortion below 80hz

set your amp gains correctly. THD is irrelevant for your sub stage

Some more information.

Clipping lights set with sine waves use more power. As you said, on daily music, the subs will see nowhere near that amount of power constantly, so setting the gain with a sine wave via the clipping light is a pretty safe method for a beginner just daily bumping

you know what weird is i think im good with this stuff, been a mechanic all my life. i can fix just about anything....
but when you think you know about this stuff ( audio ) you dont know shittt. ( im talking about me and .... lol lol )

there is just so much about this stuff that would make your head spin.

like... watch this vid. i was like WOW i learn so much form it...

I feel you man , I am 17 I've been researching car audio for months and its hella confusing at times. Unlike any other hobby , like shoes for example which I learned the prices and shoes fairly quickly , this one has got me on my toes constantly , always learning new stuff and getting confused. But its whatever I love hitting lows and bumping music so its worth it.

It applies to any non regulated power supply with a non-fixed impedance curve which is over 90% of all amplifiers.
Turn your gain up to 1 volt or lower?

Again, throw the technical detail out of it... its pointless for you to understand.

If you know how to smell and hear, then you can set the gain correctly.

There is no magical settings that will br perfect.

thats music for you.

If you go by the "numbers," then you will force the amplifier to always be putting out lower power which when you really start needing a lot of power for big builds, you will be needing 25,000w of amps where you would really need less than that for example.

Thats because you are asking questions which make no sense so we are forced to answer them based on how you are asking them.

It definitely feels like 750w?

What does that even mean?

Have you ever measured power before?

That alone would tell you power cannot be guessed on much dbs its producing.

an example of what i have to try and answer based on how the questions are formed.
I know enclosure and how the car is built affects db and spl , but I had 550 watts running before this amp and I can tell a difference... Also sorry I dont make any "sense" I am new to this whole thing and theres no way I can but I am only speaking based on what i learned... But its true everyone throws different opinions out at you , and you have to like take snippits of information from each. Thanks for the help though I appreciate it.

yep.

i dont like things that are easy...

i like to learn and get better and setup,, picking my setup. and finding out why and how music works.

its cool how audio works.

just keep reading ,, watching videos and asking questions...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hoots

Hoots
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
gckless