1 15 or 2 10s in a 4th order ski port blow through

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jayvee

Hello everyone,*

I'm new to the forum, I've been looking on here for the past couple of years when ever I needed some info. Not sure if this is the right section for this topic. I've finally decided to join to see if I could get some help. I'm kind of stuck at the crossroads here. I've been without a system in my car for almost a year now (nothing at all no voice or bass). I took it out awhile back to make trunk space for my newly born daughter. I bought my wife a new compact suv so I've been meaning to wire everything back up. Now I'm not sure if I want to go a different route. I originally had 2 10" Treo engineering ssi in a ported box 2.25ft^3 @33hz facing forward running off an Audiopipe ap30001d. The car is a 2002 bmw 745li. Sounded great, but i know it has more potential. I'm trying to switch it up now to maybe a 4th order blowing through the ski port to eliminate trunk rattle. So here are some ideas hopefully some one can chime in and I don't mind paying for a 4th order design if i end up going that route. I only have about 4.8ft^3 before displacement to work with. What ever I don't end up using I'd possibly end up selling*

1. Use the 2 Treos that I currently have and put them in a 4th order and run them off the same Audiopipe or a AB xd1800 or maybe buy a sundown saz15000d.

2. I have a 12" Mtx 9512 that needs to be re coned. Psi quoted me $245 for a drop in kit. D2 2krms triple spiders flat wound aluminum coils. Not sure if it would be worth the re cone or work well in a 4th order ran off the amps listed above.*

3. Also thinking of purchasing either a AB 15" xfl or a 15" Treo engineering ssx. Run it off the same amps in a 4th order enclosure. This might be louder due to more cone area but not sure if id have enough area for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks I'll look him up. I was thinking one 15 but I'll most likely end up using the 10s. I believe I saw some one on here do 2 10s in a Lexus gs300 with about 3.8ft^3. Seemed to work out well and I'll have an extra ft so we shall see.

[quote name='Tenacious.']Get @Buck ; to design you a 4th order.

That's a really small area, though. I don't see much more than a single 12 or two 10s fitting in 4.8 cubes.[/QUOTE]

You always say what I'd say.

I agree with Mr. T here, you'd be looking at a limited selection of woofers in that space.

@buck so you don't think that would be enough room for the 2 ssi 10s? I was just looking at your instagram and was going to hit you up see if you could design it for me. Let me know if it would work or I would be better off with other subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.