'07 Ford Taurus Amp Install - Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

robert8998

Not experienced with this all, a friend is helping me out for the most part, but we need to know the speaker wire colors. I've looked up several diagrams and found a bunch of info on the colors, but they don't match up at all. I've been seeing the following everywhere:

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Green

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/White

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan/Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green/Orange

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Blue

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black/Violet

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Violet

When in reality, the unit in the left side of the trunk has these wires:

MOGxXHB.jpg

There's no black/violet or brown/yellow wire, etc. We have everything else going fine, but if anyone could tell me what both of the different sets of wires do or if I'm looking at the wrong thing that would be appreciated. Sorry if it's a really simple mistake.

Not experienced with this all, a friend is helping me out for the most part, but we need to know the speaker wire colors. I've looked up several diagrams and found a bunch of info on the colors, but they don't match up at all. I've been seeing the following everywhere: Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Green

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/White

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan/Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green/Orange

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Blue

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black/Violet

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Violet

When in reality, the unit in the left side of the trunk has these wires:

MOGxXHB.jpg

There's no black/violet or brown/yellow wire, etc. We have everything else going fine, but if anyone could tell me what both of the different sets of wires do or if I'm looking at the wrong thing that would be appreciated. Sorry if it's a really simple mistake.
Those aren't the speaker wires. That's why they don't match

that is the factory tuner located in the trunk. the plug on the right is the signal plug and the one on the left is the speaker output. from right to left as the picture shows, on the 8 pin side of the output harness

right rear - right rear + right front - right front + left rear - left rear + left front - left front +.

that is the factory tuner located in the trunk. the plug on the right is the signal plug and the one on the left is the speaker output. from right to left as the picture shows, on the 8 pin side of the output harnessright rear - right rear + right front - right front + left rear - left rear + left front - left front +.
Or that[emoji4]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.