06.5 Jetta install

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlickDagger

I have posted this on every VW site I could find and have not gotten an answer, so maybe someone here can help.

I have a late build 06 Jetta TDI (late build being 10-06) I am trying to install a AVIC-Z1 in the car but for the life of me can not find the vss wire. Now the screwed up thing is on a Jetta built 09-06 there is a vss wire, it is located behind the instrument cluster and is a white with purple stripe.

I have spoke with local installers and they don't seem to have a clue either, I have called VW and have yet to hear back from them (not holding my breath)

I even tried to locate a can-bus module interface, can't find one of these.

I am at my wits end, some where, someone has had to heard, see, done, felt, smelt, or know something I can do......

any help is appreciated.

i would imagine it goes to the guage cluster behind the speedo, no? why dont you test the wires with a multimeter set to DC voltage and rev the engine and see if it changes?

hook it up to the headunit and see if it matches

Haynes or Chilton manual will show you as the vss is a common replacement part. You might have to trace the wiring from the actual vss where it plugs into the tranny...

Yeah, been there done that. The wire, white, with purple, is just not there.

see?

no-wire.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.