04 silverado dual 12" sub system options

So I have an 04 Silverado 2500hd ext cab and am wanting to set up a decent system as a daily beater setup.

I'm open to options on everything but I already have the HU which is a pioneer avh-x2600bt and my sub box is already bought from subthump.com its an ultra deep Max dual 12". Its a down firing box which I'm undecided on but I own it now so oh well hopefully I didn't screw myself. I bought that specific box because of the 8" mounting depth and the 1.13ft³ per chamber which was the largest I could find the fits in my truck.

Stock electrical system.

I'm kinda stuck on kicker cvx's

So my question is with the cvx's work well with that box? And what amp should I get to run them

I'm only looking to spend $400 on the subs and like $300 on the amp. I'm probably missing sum more key info so lmk what else you guys need to work your magic

The cvx's need around 2 cu. 1.8 exactly I believe. Assuming that 1.3 is before displacement you will be considerably short of the required sealed box. I would get a sub that works well in 1 cu sealed enclosures. I have had good luck with Sundown Audio in small boxes. I've built a few boxes with their 8's under truck seats. They get loud. You can pick up sundown 12's for less than $125.

So I have an 04 Silverado 2500hd ext cab and am wanting to set up a decent system as a daily beater setup.
I'm open to options on everything but I already have the HU which is a pioneer avh-x2600bt and my sub box is already bought from subthump.com its an ultra deep Max dual 12". Its a down firing box which I'm undecided on but I own it now so oh well hopefully I didn't screw myself. I bought that specific box because of the 8" mounting depth and the 1.13ft³ per chamber which was the largest I could find the fits in my truck.

Dont buy kicker, way better options for the money. As the above poster said look into sundown. Not sure on box specs but look into the sd series

Stock electrical system.

I'm kinda stuck on kicker cvx's

So my question is with the cvx's work well with that box? And what amp should I get to run them

I'm only looking to spend $400 on the subs and like $300 on the amp. I'm probably missing sum more key info so lmk what else you guys need to work your magic
Dont buy kicker, way better options for the money. as the above poster said look into sundown. The sd series should work and will sound so much better than those kickers

The sd-2's on there site looks nice, do you think I'll have any issue with down firing carpet clearance for excersion? I'm assuming I should use poly fill to help with lack of space? And I'll be using stinger roadkill or whatever its called to do the complete interior of my truck. Any amp suggestions? Rockford R1200-1D? Thanks guys

Don't waste your time covering your whole truck with deadener. CLD tiles work great. Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown. This teach you a lot. If you go with the sd's their will be no lack of space. They take 1 cu. each. The twelve's have .14 cu displacement so the box volume is near perfect for sealed. I don't have much exp with new amps. In all my personal builds I have pretty much only used old Eclipse amps. I know what other people use but someone that has used the product will be better to listen to.

The sd-2's on there site looks nice, do you think I'll have any issue with down firing carpet clearance for excersion? I'm assuming I should use poly fill to help with lack of space? And I'll be using stinger roadkill or whatever its called to do the complete interior of my truck. Any amp suggestions? Rockford R1200-1D? Thanks guys
The sd's are very nice subs especially for what you want out of a system. I really don't think you will have an excursion issue with them, they aren't anything crazy like you'd get with a 4 inch voice coil or something. RF amps are nice but very very over priced in my opinion, look into the soundqubed Q1-1200. That is a very nice amp especially for that price and will power those sd's nicely

The sd's are very nice subs especially for what you want out of a system. I really don't think you will have an excursion issue with them, they aren't anything crazy like you'd get with a 4 inch voice coil or something. RF amps are nice but very very over priced in my opinion, look into the soundqubed Q1-1200. That is a very nice amp especially for that price and will power those sd's nicely

Pair of image dynamics 12s would do well, so will the ssa gcons. Peerless xxxls works good.

I have owned that box personally and I doubt you will ever be disappointed in the build quality of it. I put 2 comp10s in mine and while not the loudest it did sound **** good.

Thanks you guys for all the input! I'll read up on that sound deadener showdown tonight, the good word on this box makes me feel a little better. I think that's what I'll do, after reading up on it ill use the deadening tiles, get the sd-2's and poly fill the box(I'll have to research how Cuz Idk a thing about that). And is there a way to have the box tuned to help anything? Or are prefab is whst it is? And I'm still undecided on amps even though I've heard a few suggestions. I seen a used SPL fx1-5500d on craigslist which claims 3200W x 1 RMS @ 1 Ohm, 2500W x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohm, MAX Power: 5000 Watt

1 Ohm Stable, Class D Digital Hi Speed Digital Circuitry

Variable low-pass filter (50-150 Hz)

Variable Subwoofer EQ @ 45Hz

S/N Ratio: 100 dB.

For the price they run I'm assuming overrated junk?? Reading up on the soundqubed amps I hear a lot of good but also sum issues with soldering on the boards. So I'm unsure:/ I'm very skeptical on amps since I've been screwed a few too many times on "good reviews"

Thanks you guys for all the input! I'll read up on that sound deadener showdown tonight, the good word on this box makes me feel a little better. I think that's what I'll do, after reading up on it ill use the deadening tiles, get the sd-2's and poly fill the box(I'll have to research how Cuz Idk a thing about that). And is there a way to have the box tuned to help anything? Or are prefab is whst it is? And I'm still undecided on amps even though I've heard a few suggestions. I seen a used SPL fx1-5500d on craigslist which claims 3200W x 1 RMS @ 1 Ohm, 2500W x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohm, MAX Power: 5000 Watt1 Ohm Stable, Class D Digital Hi Speed Digital Circuitry

Variable low-pass filter (50-150 Hz)

Variable Subwoofer EQ @ 45Hz

S/N Ratio: 100 dB.

For the price they run I'm assuming overrated junk?? Reading up on the soundqubed amps I hear a lot of good but also sum issues with soldering on the boards. So I'm unsure:/ I'm very skeptical on amps since I've been screwed a few too many times on "good reviews"
That amp is junk. Soundqubed amps are nice. Also, you don't tune a sealed box, you only have to worry about that with ported boxes.

That amp is junk. Soundqubed amps are nice. Also, you don't tune a sealed box, you only have to worry about that with ported boxes.
actually u can tune a sealed box but not in the traditional way since all you can do is add polyfill or add blocks to take up space thus raising or lowing the f3 of the box.

in this case most 12s will perform great in this box. and it depends on total cost and what you are willing to invest. two morel ultimo 12s work fabulous in this box.

for loud and low you want a sub with a light mms and a light suspension like the id lines. or you can over come the restriction with more power and motor force like the mach 5 ixl

Ohh OK I see, I'm learning a little everyday! So after reading a lot of reviews I'm split between the soundqubed 1200 or the Rockford fosgate 1200? I've always heard Rockford stuff is really good quality

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.