Hello all, thanks for any help. SUB/AMP wattage question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bellmeister

CarAudio.com Recruit
Dallas
So, I bought an 8" 400 watt RMS Skar SVR sub and wired it to 4 ohm pairing it with a Skar rp 1200 watt amp that puts out 500 watts rms at 4 ohm.

Sounds good right? Even with an active LOC turned up it still seems to be weak and muddy.

If I wired it to 1 OHM and the amp would be at 1200 RMS vs the Subs 400 RMS, would that be a definite no-no?

How do you plan on wiring a 4ohm sub to 1 ohm?

Your problem is probably your LOC
Get a line driver or a better LOC
One that puts out at least 4 volts to the RCA's
Im sorry. Its a 2ohm DVC wired at 4ohm.
My LOC is the Audio Controls Lc2i 2. The $100 one. I had the PAC lp7-2 Pro that was like $22. Its passive, the Lc2 is active.

So, I bought an 8" 400 watt RMS Skar SVR sub and wired it to 4 ohm pairing it with a Skar rp 1200 watt amp that puts out 500 watts rms at 4 ohm.

Sounds good right? Even with an active LOC turned up it still seems to be weak and muddy.

If I wired it to 1 OHM and the amp would be at 1200 RMS vs the Subs 400 RMS, would that be a definite no-no?

Wire it to 1 ohm. Run it til that 8 inch self implodes and buy a 12 that can handle 1000 watts :D

There is only so much you can do with a single 8 but still it should sound better than your describing
Is it a sealed or ported box?
Where did you get the box or have it made
if its ported what the tunning

Buy another 8" sub and wire to two ohms in the right box and send it.

Buy another 8" sub and wire to two ohms in the right box and send it.
I thought about that Bruv. That would def do it huh? Well ok, please if you mind.
Do I HAVE to match the subs? Cos the one I have now is 400 Watts RMS and Id like to save money and the 2nd sub would be 350 RMS. That be effed up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...