02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build (AKA Project Silent Night)

Well Santa came in two sleighs today aka FedEx and UPS lol. My alternators and battery for under the hood came. Will hopefully get the battery installed tomorrow or at least installed enough for me to pull the jeep in the garage and start working on it. Not sure when I'll install the alts. Maybe one now and one later need to contact Mechman about some plugs so I can externally regulate them.

I need to clean the cases though they have a lot of belt dust on them.

640 Amps of powwaaaa

She's a heavy girl definitely going to be a challenge fitting her under the hood.

Tuned in to see how the alternator bracket looks.
I have a picture in my head but as of now, but I'm not sure it will work. The bracket it came with I don't see working quite right, at the very least it needs a little touching up.

Well I've made some progress between yesterday and today. I figured out the radio problem (thanks to internet) I didn't even need a new radio harness. Apparently the my Jeep has the Infinity Gold upgraded system, the factory infinity amplifier has an actual remote turn on wire even though it's marked power antenna on the harness. So now it works yay.

Anyhow I got the group 31 under the hood but I definitely need to modify or replace the current battery tray. Just got it in there temporarily to move my jeep around I'll probably work on the actual tray tomorrow. I got everything from the back seats back out. Lots of room for activities, may drop the headliner tomorrow I don't know. The drivers side dash tweeter was blown (just clicking) I think I might try and cram a super tweeter in there but I'm not sure yet there's quite a bit of room.

When I was cleaning out the Jeep I found a Gameboy (doesn't stay turned on, probably give it away) and my secret santa stuff came so I'll have all the lugs I need. Anyhow onto the pictures as usual I'm rambling.

One seat belt bolt didn't want to come out so it met the sawzall.

Lot's of room for activities

Beefy factory tweeter

Free gameboy

Secret santa stuff

Well I did something today with the help of my friend and his CNC machine lol. I went in after hours and my friend set up the program and after he got it dialed in I ran the parts through the machine and he supervised. It took a minute and a half to run each part and then I had to move the rod forward and pull each part out as the machine didn't self feed. Pretty easy just time consuming, need to sand blast the scale off these so that I can prime them. Probably going to order the Neo on Monday. I have diesel parts coming in so that will keep me busy for a while.

Nice. That's an old school CNC lathe. I'm a CNC machinist myself so yeah I got some background behind me lol.

Btw, that big curved tube around the spindle is the tool setter.

Nice. That's an old school CNC lathe. I'm a CNC machinist myself so yeah I got some background behind me lol.
Btw, that big curved tube around the spindle is the tool setter.
Thanks I didn't know what it was called I assumed it was for calibration of sorts because he used it when we switched drill bits we started with a 17/64 and went down to a 1/4 after the first. This is the machine that he runs they have a ton of machines in there. They make like the molds for fast food cup lids and other plastic molds pretty cool company.

Thanks I didn't know what it was called I assumed it was for calibration of sorts because he used it when we switched drill bits we started with a 17/64 and went down to a 1/4 after the first. This is the machine that he runs they have a ton of machines in there. They make like the molds for fast food cup lids and other plastic molds pretty cool company.
Sounds awesome.

I'm actually in the aerospace industry but worked in other fields as well.

Meh, we are the only shop in the area that can do long bed parts. Everyone else has small parts/machines. There's money involved in long parts.

No I'm not engineering them or designing them in any way. Cascade went out of business a long time ago. I bought the steel sets to build my own motors and follow what a member of car audio classifieds has done before me. I will likely be going through PSI for recones I have a quote but am waiting for the 2017 Iasca rules and waiting until I have the motors built to order recones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.