Sealed kick panel enclosures

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flipper245

Senior VIP Member
Couldn't find my old thread so I started a new one. Finally took a video of the progress on my kick build. The hardest part of this build has been keeping my patience. It's probably going to be a couple more months until it's on the road again but it will be worth it.

It should sound alright. I'm not expecting perfection. They're going to be solid, well damped and large enough I think. .5 after bracing. Not ideal but what else is in a car. The imaging was descent before. Should be better with this. High hopes I guess. Could probably put 8" if I wanted to change setup after a while too.

Cost hasn't been too high. After everything it's under $300 Canadian. And that's over a few months so whatever.

Here’s an update on my kick panel enclosures. I worked on them last winter and got about half finished. Then I had to put car back on road. Now I’m working on it again. Video should basically show what I’m going for. I sure miss the tunes! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Yes. First, it rains like crazy here. Paper cone. Rusty speakers. Second. Have you ever heard a vehicle with the back wave vented outside? Sounds like crap outside the car. The speakers were vented into the subframe before. I could have kept it like that and still moved the speakers to where they are now but I like the fact that the back wave is controlled now. In my house I could have vented my speakers into the wall but I’m sure a proper enclosure works better. Any reason why you think this would have worked better in my case?

Yes. First, it rains like crazy here. Paper cone. Rusty speakers. Second. Have you ever heard a vehicle with the back wave vented outside? Sounds like crap outside the car. The speakers were vented into the subframe before. I could have kept it like that and still moved the speakers to where they are now but I like the fact that the back wave is controlled now. In my house I could have vented my speakers into the wall but I’m sure a proper enclosure works better. Any reason why you think this would have worked better in my case?
Just so you know. Most mids are designed to be IB. Meaning they need lots of airspace.

Just so you know. Most mids are designed to be IB. Meaning they need lots of airspace.
Yeah most. Because most people use their doors right? I have found a few that will work well in sealed. I looked into that before I started this. I think I figured I had an fs of 78. Crossovers were 18 dB at 100 hz if I remember correctly. Nothing wrong with experimenting. This enclosure could be made way bigger too. It could go further to the middle at the tall part and also extend underneath the seat also. I’ll see how it sounds first but I think it will be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.