02 Impala HU Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoxdGM
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MN
So i picked up a aftermarket head unit to replace the stock unit in my sisters car for a xmas present. Im trying to avoid buying the chime retainer kit so im planning on just hardwiring it and bypassing the factory amp. I know ill lose some features in the process like warning chimes and the feature that keeps the radio on until the door is opened.

Anyone got any tips for this car? I know ill have to run my own power wires to the fuse panel for constant and switched power and probably have to run speaker wire back to all 4 speakers. Ive heard of people using a saturn harness to make it easier (bypassing the amp) ive tried searching but everyone links people to impalahq for info but their site has been taken down.

Anyone care to share their experiences with this car without using the 100$ adapter harness?

My relocation harness was ~$60 for my '02 Impala. If you eliminate the stock HU entirely, you will not be able to reset the oil life, tire pressure monitor or program key fobs, As those are done through the stock radio. There's a couple other programming features you will lose as well.

Other then that, you will need a antenna adapter for the mini GM antenna lead and tap a switched power from one of the fuse panels. It's a pretty straight up install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.