01 Silverado, 4 Sa-8s, AQ2200, DC POWER, & iPad 2

The LED strips look a bit ricey to me, and I've seen plenty of Silverados with poorly done 6k retrofits, they throw light everywhere, definitely do the TL retrofit ASAP.

For future, or if you want to change the look, you can separate the lenses from the housings and lay the LEDs inside.

This will give it a true euro look similar to Audi.

They go back together super easy, I know you have skills, this is just a small detail that will take you to the next level over others

Great idea!

Yeah its gonna be nice and flush
DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

Looks like a good place for some LEDs...

DSC_0303.jpg

Today I installed my LED's I ordered in my grille.

Heat shrinked and ready to go

DSC_0306.jpg

Daytime pics do NO justice, you can only see the actual color of them at night, scroll down for night shots(;

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

Gettin ready to solder the passenger side

DSC_0313.jpg

All taped up and done!

DSC_0316.jpg

Before...

DSC_0300.jpg

The LED strips look a bit ricey to me, and I've seen plenty of Silverados with poorly done 6k retrofits, they throw light everywhere, definitely do the TL retrofit ASAP.
I will probably do it in the summer. I really wanna do it. I think it'll look nasty as hell

Actually picked up my own iPad mini about 30 minutes ago to try this mod out myself. Should be a lot of fun.
Hell yeah man I'm gonna start on it tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'm loving this build........
It's a great DD with good looks, a nice stance, and many perks put in for owner enjoyment.

Well done.
For future, or if you want to change the look, you can separate the lenses from the housings and lay the LEDs inside.
This will give it a true euro look similar to Audi.

They go back together super easy, I know you have skills, this is just a small detail that will take you to the next level over others

Great idea!
Thank you for the compliments I really appreciate it

When I do the retrofit and open the housings is when I plan on putting the LEDs inside of the lenses. It should come out really nice I want to color match or do black, not quite for sure on my decision.

Oh how I've been lacking on updates, been building the amp rack today, need to go buy some L brackets, it's coming together though! The way I mounted the SAZ looks pretty cool, subs are in the box and in the truck as well. Picking up batts tomorrow, were almost done guys:)

I'm leaving for school Sunday, I think Friday is e warmest day and best chance to fiberglass so I'm gonna do it all then as far as the ipad dash. Should be painting it and finishing this bish just in time before I leave!

OH and I almost forgot, I'm picking up a NS v1 motor and 15" basket:) for $50!!!!! not sure what all I'm gonna build them (once I pick up another) with but uhh.. They'll be nasty. Carbon fiber dust caps, custom this and that, I may paint the baskets as well.. Not sure yet. But it will be sick as hell I promise.

I know I'm wearing out my welcome with no pics but rest assured I have been taking plenty, just too lazy to upload.

Can't wait til end result should be nasty. Thinkin bout running a multiple SA8 setup in the future.
buy mine when i sell them this summer lol

looks like fun!
oh it has been so far. cant wait to hear it. Obviously this isnt a SQ build but please feel free to critique away my friend.im all ears, no pun intended..

UPDATE TIIIIIIIIME

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Continuing on with the HID install, I added a relay harness as well so that both HID's ALWAYS turn on when I start the truck, was having some problems with them not both turning on sometimes, onto the pics,

one installed, looking good

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

still need to be aimed but im very happy with the form and function of the install.. gonna do a HID retro this summer but for now this will do.

got the door pockets back in and the arm rests installed.

DSC_0346.jpg

LOL very ghetto and obviously a temporary place for it but i needed somewhere to put it! lol will put it somewhere else when I find the space,may just put it in the center console for when I redo the blowthrough..

DSC_0347.jpg

Did one last coat on these

DSC_0348.jpg

blacked out these little lights on the bottom of the door so they didnt stick out like a sore thumb

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

Installed

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

still need to sand and paint the sail panel that goes on the top right by the window but this is what they are going to look like, simple and clean, just like i wanted.

ready for the amp rack!

DSC_0354.jpg

Started cutting some panels

DSC_0363.jpg

Carpeted

DSC_0365.jpg

then my camera died:( mounted the amp behind my seat against the wall at a 45 degree angle. stil trying to find room for the PDX 4.150... mmm we will see.. pics of the 15" Sundown NSv1 motor and basket coming in a few.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.