0 Gauge and 2 Gauge Question

well i have this same problem ( sorry to step in) but my ap is a autotek ss1900.1D running at 1 ohm 1900 watts. would the 0 guage really be worth it?

well i have this same problem ( sorry to step in) but my amp is a autotek ss1900.1D running at 1 ohm 1900 watts. would the 0 guage really be worth it?
um...yea if ur running anything less you more than likely not getting 1900 watts to the amp and thats if ur electrical can handle 1900 rms

all the power wire info you'll ever need:http://bcae1.com/wire.htm
All the grossly incorrect info you'll ever need. Anyone can make a web page. It takes some time to assemble something that wrong as you have to come up with your own numbers and make a "table". I wonder why http://www.okonite.com/engineering/nec-ampacity-tables.html are so different. Okonite is certainly less experienced than Monster or Knu. I'd trust the Chinese to be sure. Those Americans who've been making wire for 130 years certainly know nothing about ampacity. The Chinese wouldn't lie to you.

All the grossly incorrect info you'll ever need. Anyone can make a web page. It takes some time to assemble something that wrong as you have to come up with your own numbers and make a "table". I wonder why http://www.okonite.com/engineering/nec-ampacity-tables.html are so different. Okonite is certainly less experienced than Monster or Knu. I'd trust the Chinese to be sure. Those Americans who've been making wire for 130 years certainly know nothing about ampacity. The Chinese wouldn't lie to you.
Look you F'in idiot -- I've ignored post after post from you trying to beat your chest like you're some kind of genius. Car audio ISN'T the NEC, and doesn't have to abide by those standards.

There happens to be a segment of this community that is capable of a bit of independent thinking, and it doesn't take much.

The guy who wrote bcae1 has been involved in the car electronics industry for years. He designs and repairs amps professionally.

Write him -- don't sound like the douche bag like you do on here on a regular basis and I'm sure he will have an engineering based explanation for why what he recommends what he recommends.

His power wiring chart is quite simple. He assumes 15' length and no more than 1/2v drop. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

And I'm going to assume people like Perry (Babin, the author of the site), and several other people with a level of intelligence slightly higher than yours can recognize that an audio amplifier that can THEORETICALLY draw X amperes playing full volume test tones will draw roughly 1/3 of that playing full volume music so a wire chart designed to allow for continuous, long term current being run through who knows what environment might not apply so directly to wire intended for audio amplifiers in a car.

Maybe SOMEONE has actually thought it out a little better than YOU have! OMG!!!! It CAN'T BE!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

But you're the genius. Instead of linking some chart you live by tell us why Perry's numbers are "grossly incorrect". Oh, and "Because the books and charts I read written by someone whose balls I **** said so," doesn't count.

Better yet. Get over yourself and leave the power wiring to someone with the ability to think for themselves.

Chill N2... you have to learn to move past ignorant posts.

@McIntosh,

You should know better than to say that 600V AC power transmission lines will behave the same as 12V DC cable, especially when a length isn't specified, strand count isn't relevant, and the application is totally different.

Also, the least you can do is show respect to one of the best free sites for audio education. bcae1 does generalize sometimes, but the guys who wrote it are smarter than practically anyone in the forum... and have my eternal gratitude for developing and hosting a site that helps new guys learn.

Chill N2... you have to learn to move past ignorant posts.
That's just the problem -- I've ignored countless posts like this and this time, for some reason, I couldn't help but respond.

You must not have had the misfortune of reading the 10's of retarded posts this guy has put up as though he's some kind of authority on the topic referencing his YEARS of experience in the industry. It seems the ONLY vaguely applicalbe knowledge he has on the subject are his NEC wiring charts.

You're right. I didn't see the other poasts (mmm) ... and you probably have good reason for losing your cool.

There will always be lies thrown around in this forum, and people who are umm, special... but just do your part to quash the ignorance everywhere you can.

To me, it's obvious that the smartest guys on here have experience, and don't have anything to prove. nG, dman, db-r, mlstrass, sundownz, and many others... express brilliance consistently, but spend most of their time having fun and occasionally helping people.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.