False floor/amp rack in my Explorer

man where do i know that box from
I built the box myself! :p

hey just curious ... have u had any tranny problems in ur explorer yet?
naw, hell I would be pissed if it already got problems. I think it is pretty solid though, 2nd gen explorers usually have problems with the tranny. my 95 tranny was rebuilt TWICE and then I totalled it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but my 04, no problem at all- Actually I think it is a solid tranny, I am looking to install a turbo on my x so the tranny better not fail on me. *knocks on wood*

LOL nah the trannys in the 02-05 explorers are total **** .. i heard that they are unrepairable since ford really doesnt know the problem.. google " hard shifting explorer" people say its the tranny silinoid but i know people that have had that replaced and it only fix teh problem for like 4months then it starts again... mine is starting to act up now.. i got quoted 1100 to fix the silinoid

LOL nah the trannys in the 02-05 explorers are total **** .. i heard that they are unrepairable since ford really doesnt know the problem.. google " hard shifting explorer" people say its the tranny silinoid but i know people that have had that replaced and it only fix teh problem for like 4months then it starts again... mine is starting to act up now.. i got quoted 1100 to fix the silinoid
**** i gotta do some more research but my mom's 02 is going strong at 91k miles

and mine is at 52k miles, still all smooth.

Man seriously it would **** if I have a tranny problem right now. And are you saying it is the solenoid that 02-05 has problems with?

yep.. mine is a 04 and my problems started at around 65k... has 82 on it now and its getting worse 02-04 ford explorers were the 4 worst build cars ever its documented.. they have had more complaints then any other car

Never knew that.

I have ZERO complaints with mine.

IMO, it is all based on who owned the X. maybe some idiot owned your X before you(if you are not the original owner)

My X was leased for almost 4 years by a businessman and it was flawless when I bought it. seriously all of the seats looked new except for the drivers seat, apparently that guy drove alone often and everything is so clean, even the body had zero dings or scratches until it got into my possession because I brought it to D.C. Also this leaser had Ford do all of the service including oil change so everything is been done properly, I am not too worried.

But yeah I might have to watch out for some kind of tranny failure but I am expecting the tranny to be my b*tch for next 40+ thousand miles lol.

Edit: I lied, I got one complaint, the tires on the X right now is SHITTY! They are cracking up at the edges above the sidewall; I got it that way. And the chrome wheels are peeling. Nothing major though. I got a set of 22s and I am looking to get a set of 20s with all season tires to replace the stockers.

Ya i can start a list of my shitty truck

rear hatch cracked in half

evaporater box for a/c leaked into my floorboard

starter died twice

altenator once

ball joints busted

abs computer screwed up

tranny

rotors bad at 40k

leaky sunroof

loud wind noise coming from rear a/c compressor

my truck is fully loaded i paid 20k for it in 2005 it had 18k on the odometer

the evap box broke withen 2weeks of my waranty going out and ford would not do anything its a 600 dollar fix

where do i check for tranny/rearend problems?

i just ride it out, ive been ready for a new ride

i have ~75k now

and also second on how the cheap knu wire is about useless for anything but big3, and heat wouldnt of helped mine out, that **** *****, its not worth the savings of a few bucks

where do i check for tranny/rearend problems?
i just ride it out, ive been ready for a new ride

i have ~75k now

and also second on how the cheap knu wire is about useless for anything but big3, and heat wouldnt of helped mine out, that **** *****, its not worth the savings of a few bucks
U would know if u had the problem

we had alot of the explorers mountianeers come in to my dealer for the trans prob esp the v8 ones. hard shifting and banging in to reverse.
exactly what my truck is doin... feels like the tranny is going to fall out going into reverse..... have yall found a solution?

Here's a good place to start looking...

http://explorerx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14211

I have 103K on mine, and the trans is still ok. HOWEVER, I have had the diff replaced, and the trans on 3rd gens is notorious for going bad. I hope I get by for a long time without trouble. However... it's not if, but when! Basically, just replace it, and call it a day. Forget about repairing it. It seems that when it goes....it realllly goes! $3-4K for replacement trans!!!

ehh i can get new trans for like 1500 then lik 600 to have it put in my truck will be paid off dec 2011 so i dont know if its worth fixing or just get a new vehicle

Ya i can start a list of my shitty truck
rear hatch cracked in half

evaporater box for a/c leaked into my floorboard

starter died twice

altenator once

ball joints busted

abs computer screwed up

tranny

rotors bad at 40k

leaky sunroof

loud wind noise coming from rear a/c compressor

my truck is fully loaded i paid 20k for it in 2005 it had 18k on the odometer

the evap box broke withen 2weeks of my waranty going out and ford would not do anything its a 600 dollar fix
lol, all that wrong with it at 80K? Wow, Ford's at it again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

BJs are a known problem with my truck, along with the trans, but mine are still going strong so far

Only other Ford I've had experience with is my grandma's '97 T-bird, and the trans on that went at 94K. That's ****ing sad. I just rolled 126 in my truck and only the trans speed sensor has gone bad.

And I'm hoping the trans will last me to 175K. If not, then 150.

But yeah I might have to watch out for some kind of tranny failure but I am expecting the tranny to be my b*tch for next 40+ thousand miles lol.
Man, just hearing someone say that when they're at 40K is just shitty. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I guess Ford royally ****ed up with this one

we had alot of the explorers mountianeers come in to my dealer for the trans prob esp the v8 ones. hard shifting and banging in to reverse.
Sure it's not bad u-joints that's causing the banging in reverse?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.