Cost of amp power install kits vs individual products

Participant count
  • Participant list

kanihoncho

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi gang, total Newb here. What are the pros and cons of buying an amp power install kit vs buying the parts individually? And do I need to pay attention to the fuse/power relationship on the amp and the fuse that is attached to the battery? I'm looking at a decent system that looks as much as stock as possible. The amp I chose is the Recoil Red1800.5 5 channel amp with a 0 gauge power connection.

Hi gang, total Newb here. What are the pros and cons of buying an amp power install kit vs buying the parts individually? And do I need to pay attention to the fuse/power relationship on the amp and the fuse that is attached to the battery? I'm looking at a decent system that looks as much as stock as possible. The amp I chose is the Recoil Red1800.5 5 channel amp with a 0 gauge power connection.

Just buy a knuconceptz kollossus 1/0 kit and add extra rcas.

But to your answer no there isn't really alot of benifit in simple installs like yours.

If you needed more than 1 run of 1/0 maybe you could get a better price on the 1/0 cable but you still need the fuse holders, fuses, and rcas as well as the remote turning lead.

You can bargain shop sure and the only thing to pay attention to is that your fuse holder is big enough for your cable but the fuse isn't oversized for that cable. And rcas we'll I don't recommend buying the cheapest. You could make your own with some rg59 cable and rca ends or even just regular twisted pair speaker wire. Or go really high end with rg6 and resonix or planet waves ends.

Personally that the one part of my system I wished I would've went custom on the rcas but only because of the lengths and how it can tidy up an install.

I'm definitely thinking of quality RCAs and a proper length . . .
Mine were as short as possible and still I had issues routing them cleanly
PXL_20240405_223745813.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...