OFC vs CCA for wiring amp to car and for speaker use . . .

kanihoncho

CarAudio.com Newbie
The amp I am considering requires a 0 gauge connection to the battery. I've installed several car stereo setups (only one with an amp connection and with good instructions) with never a problem considering I'm not an electrical theory genius.

1. OFC vs CCA for wiring amp to battery and for amp to speaker . . . thoughts?

I recommend OFC all day long. You can even pull it later on and use it again if need be with little to No Corrosion. Run Power wire from battery to amp in rear, and ground amp in rear for a short solid run/connection. Check Mono Price for OFC 14 ga or even 16ga speaker wire for a decent price for 50-100 ft roll. At the moment.. seems like CT Sounds has the decent OFC 0ga amp kit that includes a set of 2ch RCAs as well as OFC speaker wiring also for the $coin. Its what Ive been using OFC 4ga and 0ga kits. extra RCAs Ive been snagging my go too of Mono Price and Stinger

Last edited:
I agree with others, just buy the OFC. My last wiring was oversized CCA, and while it still works, and looked okay when I peeled the heat shrink off to inspect the end for corrosion, the scrap pieces I had in the garage corroded way more than OFC I’ve had. Don’t get me wrong, I sized up to exceed anything I’d run so current capacity is not an issue, but if I could go back in time I’d buy the OFC. Live and learn, but I definitely suggest just going with OFC.

Edit: next time I buy wire I will be going back to OFC. I bought the CCA like 10 years ago and haven’t done much audio related the past several years, so it’s been good enough.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...