8" Boston 6th order, Carpet jeep logo & Plexi with LEDS. JEEP Wrangler. (Old BUild)

kylediablo
10+ year member

17 & certified
alrite so ive been nusy latley tryin to crank these systems out before a soundoff/cAr show on june 20th. this is my friend evans jeeep. awhile back the owner of the shop i work at and i designed a 6th order bandpass for his mustang for 1 8" boston competitor. it did a 142 on ac. after this i fell in love with the idea of have 1 8" havin this kind of output. so i biult one for my truck and came across another competitor so i decided to do this to this jeep. so hers the 6th order bandpass.

ER3001.jpg

this was the basic shape of the box. i left extra length so that after the ports and baffle were in i could figure out my airspace and move the top warever i needed to.

ER3003.jpg

here is the front port. tuned to around 75 hz.

ER3007.jpg

ER3008.jpg

ER3009.jpg

ER3012.jpg

ER3013.jpg
his

this is the rear port. i had to make it in this cube shape so that i could zig zag to get the 30 inches of port i needed lol.

ER3016.jpg

ER3017.jpg

ER3018.jpg

this is the inside primed

ER3021.jpg

ER3022.jpg

the boston competitor 8" lol didnt have a 90 dril so i had to screw it in with a screwdriver haha

ER3024.jpg

i made the front 1/2 mdf with 1/2 strips on the back that the 1/2 plexi will mount to.

ER3025.jpg

routed out the front and side panals.

ER3030.jpg

i wanted to do a 2 tone jeep logo with carpet. here it is cut out.

ER3032.jpg

here it is done.

ER3033.jpg

sides covred in grey carpet and the ports with grille cloth.

ER3034.jpg

ER3035.jpg

ER3037.jpg

That looks clean as hell, How does it sound?
o it sounded amazing. the same box (the raw plain version)was built for a mustang and with 200 watts it did a 142 on an AC meter. its crazy. i had it in my truck before the wall and it really wass the best sounding box ive ever heard. only with this woofer tho, i had an E8 in it for awhile and it sounded rel good but didnt have as wide of a response and didnt get as loud

pretty good i bet it looks sweet when its bumping
it did......which btw this box is no longer in exsistance. i should have thougt ahead about this being a jeep with a 7" lift and 36's...... 1 night of getting airborn = sub breaking baffle. the trim panel is now on my wall haha

it did......which btw this box is no longer in exsistance. i should have thougt ahead about this being a jeep with a 7" lift and 36's...... 1 night of getting airborn = sub breaking baffle. the trim panel is now on my wall haha
wtf? 12hours later?

man you've been crapping out a lot of builds lately...very nice! design me one for an 18 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

man you've been crapping out a lot of builds lately...very nice! design me one for an 18 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
lol these builds have been around on SMD for awhile. i just started postin builds on here recently adn today had the time to copy some of them

and the reason y i havent been posting them up here is becasue when i first posted some pics on here a couple years ago no one beleived someone my age was doing this work and i got called a fake and a phony and all this bullshyt so i just bought stuff of here and really didnt post any build pics up cuz i didnt wanna deal with it haha

and the reason y i havent been posting them up here is becasue when i first posted some pics on here a couple years ago no one beleived someone my age was doing this work and i got called a fake and a phony and all this bullshyt so i just bought stuff of here and really didnt post any build pics up cuz i didnt wanna deal with it haha
Kid, tell the haters to kiss your...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif You do some great work and this industry needs more kids like you to keep it going. Age has nothing to do with it,its talent. I have my 5yr old work with me on cars in hopes that when he is your age he'll be able to push out some sick sh*t. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.