12v SLA AGM battery charging voltage when playing subwoofers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

realflow100

CarAudio.com Recruit
for a 12v SLA AGM battery what should the charging voltage be when using subwoofers. having the battery to take the load of the bass hits and the charger to keep it charged up whenever the bass isnt hitting hard.

should the charging voltage be 13.8v? or 14.4? or somewhere around there? I dont want to overcharge the battery by keeping it up at 14.4v too long if thats unsafe. if it is safe to keep it at 14.4v when listening to music will that be fine? and should i turn it down to 13.8v when I wont be listening for a while?

Last edited by a moderator:
run it at 14.5-14.8 v at all times.... if your as smart as you claim to be on your other posts...this question should be "12v 101" for you...interested in how you would wire up an adjustable charge for certain situations (this should be entertaining)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 1000W buck converter set up at 14.8v with a current limit since the amplifier is rated at 14.8v and I limited the current to something reasonable

so far its working fine no problems. battery isnt bubbling or making any noises. stone cold. and having the super capacitors hooked up really helps whenever the bass hits hard keeping the voltage up so the amplifier can get as much current as it needs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

realflow100

CarAudio.com Recruit
realflow100
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
realflow100