Viper security system starter kill option

Rickanna Lambert

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought a used chevy truck with a viper alarm system. Im guessing it was a after market install. I know nothing about the viper system except it uses a 7654v remote. It does have remote start and starter kill option. That is my problem it is stuck in starter kill. Ive had this happen to me before when i first got it. And a nice random gentleman looked up a button combo online that undid the starter kill. I am a older woman that doesnt know jackpoop about alarms. Please someone tell me where to start to find the answer my truck is stuck at work and no one i know knows how to fix this problem. Thanks

So that remote includes a remote start option. Do you know if remote start was installed as well? What year and model is the truck you purchased? All Viper alarm have a valet button that can disable the alarm as long as you have the key. On that model the valet button should be in the antenna which hopefully is in a visible location. Get in the car and turn the key to ignition on but not start and press the button once. This will disable the alarm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.