Subwoofer recommendation

Boombee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Can someone please recommend a subwoofer that will sound good in this enclosure?  2-12".. amp is a kicker iq 1000.1 Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20181106-073601_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez... spending $350 and putting it in a prefab ported box... IDK

https://stereointegrity.com/product/bm-mk-v-12-subwoofer/

That's supposedly a heck of a SQ sub and it models-up like one to me.

If I was gonna pay that much for a 500 watt 12" sub it better be with some goals in mind... that's for sure.

It is supposedly a great sealed sub... not some hi-output monster but will dig pretty well sealed, ported even looks pretty good to me.

But seriously, I have NO experience with one of these even sealed so it's all hearsay.

If I was gonna drop $350 on that 500 watt sub i'd be sure to run it sealed unless I wanted to try something like this...

74LEgD.jpg

I agree... in that prefab I'd say adapt for a 10" and hope the port is sufficient for your power.

I have a pair of the BM MKvs and they are very nice sounding, definitely geared more toward SQ.  I have them in the minimum size box and they just rock.  I have also heard a pair of them in a F-150 install and they rocked out pretty darn good.  I dare say I like them more than my old Boston Pros.

sell the box, buy a sub, THEN build the right box for it.  youll be happier with the performance in the end

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.