What brands do people like for speakers?

infinity, jbl, alpine, polk, even pioneer are pretty popular i have soudqubed coax they ok (u need hp xover for any speakers though either amp or on hu).. if u want super sq then look other pro audio mids and tweets especially if u have "active" hu

infinity, jbl, alpine, polk, even pioneer are pretty popular i have soudqubed coax they ok (u need hp xover for any speakers though either amp or on hu).. if u want super sq then look other pro audio mids and tweets especially if u have "active" hu
An amp crossover would be a pre amp right? What would you recommend?

An amp crossover would be a pre amp right? What would you recommend?
i just mean hp xover on the amp.. either use that or get hu that has one they are easier to control from hu because u have a digital read out and easier to get to.. if u want best 4 channel cheap pioneer 8604 i think it is tested higher than rated.. i just have $120 kenwood x301 (new one is 302 i think) it has all xovers u need + 13 band eq, time alignment, 24 bit da convetor, bt, usb pretty nice for the $

i just mean hp xover on the amp.. either use that or get hu that has one they are easier to control from hu because u have a digital read out and easier to get to.. if u want best 4 channel cheap pioneer 8604 i think it is tested higher than rated.. i just have $120 kenwood x301 (new one is 302 i think) it has all xovers u need + 13 band eq, time alignment, 24 bit da convetor, bt, usb pretty nice for the $
This was the HU I planned on getting, it says it has high and low pass but I don't know how adjustable it is. Do you know how to tell or is it build into the eq?

This was the HU I planned on getting, it says it has high and low pass but I don't know how adjustable it is. Do you know how to tell or is it build into the eq?
i'm sure it's just like mine jvc/kenwood same company now.. xovers are totally different from eq.. it just says xover hp and then u got tweets/front/ rear/ sub and set them where u want them

Thank you, where did you get your wiring harness? I have an 05 Pontiac Sunfire (mostly the same as a Chevy Cavalier).

Nevermind I found one
it shows on pg 27 that it does have hp xover set that at 80 hz and if u ad amp to the speakers select off or full or bypass the hp xover.. just use the 1 on hu because it's easier to change and set, set at 80 play song drop down to 60hz if u hear distortion at all go back up.. it'll depend on what music u listen to and how loud u play it.. i just added $ foam speaker baffles to mine today and i can lower mine to 70hz instead of 100hz because it sort of acts like a box

I got my 360bts at Crutchfield. Got the Metra dash kit, wiring harness and antenna extension adapter for my car included

You can choose the slopes also if you choose a frequency. HP has two slopes and LP has four. 

I just use the ones on my 8604 and GTR-1001 and set the deck to THROUGH on HP and LP. I may use the HP on the deck and turn it off at the 8604. No on/off switch on my 1001 so I will use the amp LP

Make sure you are 100% sure you won't be using CD's since the 360bts has no disc drive. I haven't used them in over a decade 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.