Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 Dyno

Quick video for today, I have another video for tomorrow but have been sitting on these results for a few months and wanted to get them out there...

yikes!! for $20 more, wouldnt ya be better off with the Zapco? i mean sure, the rockford has a much smaller footprint, so you can supposedly put it in tighter places, but with it getting so hot how long is it going to last?

yikes!! for $20 more, wouldnt ya be better off with the Zapco? i mean sure, the rockford has a much smaller footprint, so you can supposedly put it in tighter places, but with it getting so hot how long is it going to last?
These tiny little amps that run really hot are great candidates for those little Peltier cooling tiles that you can apply DC voltage to and they wick away heat. We used them in the military and they last almost forever. Just stick a few on the amp, wire them up, and stick a smart little heatsink onto them, you'd be good to go even on the hottest days. Far better than a fan box.
Wow, I just looked and Parts Express even has them. I'll be grabbing some of those. --> https://www.parts-express.com/peltier-thermo-electric-cooling-module-6-amp--320-253

These tiny little amps that run really hot are great candidates for those little Peltier cooling tiles that you can apply DC voltage to and they wick away heat. We used them in the military and they last almost forever. Just stick a few on the amp, wire them up, and stick a smart little heatsink onto them, you'd be good to go even on the hottest days. Far better than a fan box.
Wow, I just looked and Parts Express even has them. I'll be grabbing some of those. --> https://www.parts-express.com/peltier-thermo-electric-cooling-module-6-amp--320-253
Yeah, but they're 20 bucks. Bringing the price back up to the zapco. I guess if the space is at that much of a premium

Yeah, but they're 20 bucks. Bringing the price back up to the zapco. I guess if the space is at that much of a premium
The cost is not the point. Just bringing up the principal application of the tiles for small amps that get hot, nothing more.
I would still take these new RF amps over these new Zapcos, FWIW.

Zapco is a lot bigger in comparison to this amp....

Really? Why's that?
I dunno, just not feeling the new Zapco stuff since they outsourced the manufacturing. I think the last line I would consider buying from them is the DC Reference from a while back with the onboard DSP but even that is getting dated by now.

I dunno, just not feeling the new Zapco stuff since they outsourced the manufacturing. I think the last line I would consider buying from them is the DC Reference from a while back with the onboard DSP but even that is getting dated by now.
I almost got one of those when I got my PG Elite.4

These RF amps were actually thought to be made for the Motorcyclist Im pretty sure.I havent touched an RF amp since the DSM series.I have no desire to buy any newer version of alot of todays amps to be honest.Each to theyre own of course.

I almost got one of those when I got my PG Elite.4
yeah that pg probably lots better than the low end zapcos.. i keep trying to tell u they just cheap chinese amps like u said about new sq amps., i don't see why u think they are different.. u know guy here sold his good amps to get the zapcos and has regretted it

yeah that pg probably lots better than the low end zapcos.. i keep trying to tell u they just cheap chinese amps like u said about new sq amps., i don't see why u think they are different.. u know guy here sold his good amps to get the zapcos and has regretted it
A lot of current PG is not that great, Barevids tore one a part recently...

As a heads up... In about 12 hours I have a Zapco video going up....

It is worth $180 no doubt. But its not the greatest amp ever made like its been nut hugged. Moving the tweeters made a way more impressive upgrade.

If I would have moved my Hertz tweeters I would have been way better off.

As for the Zap, If I can get it to cool down I will be satisfied. And it should get me a few more points with a bias judge. I will say the noise floor is lower when the radio is off, I could hear the DD. That is a lot to do with the stock HU also.

The Zap gets freaking hot. Way hotter then my old set of JL slash amps and they would heat the entire car up, but they had a lot more heat sink but cost $800 a pop. I think they tried to make it to small for an A/B amp and didn't give it enough sink. There is room under the cover for a small fan though.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

A lot of current PG is not that great, Barevids tore one a part recently...
As a heads up... In about 12 hours I have a Zapco video going up....
Get on it lol

i put a stinger 8" crossflow fan on my zapco sq's....they are also enclosed under utility compartment in back of my grand cherokee ( not much space) ran them full tilt for about an hour then measured with infrared therm. they never got above 96 degree f . ambient temp outside was 91 that day.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.